Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Sp-orv 11-20-09

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  RIVER RAT 
#1 · (Edited)
Short story is we had great wheeling and great weather. Thanks to Snick, Mr Raymond and Sam for hosting the weekend and the trail runs. Jimmy and the War Horse took us on a long night wheel Saturday night. Thanks guys, had a great time.

I left San Antonio at 7:30am and arrived at the ranch at 1:30. There was rain all the way through Uvalde, then beautiful skies. When I got to Del Rio it was pouring again so I stopped at Wally World and got a raincoat and ate lunch. When I got to the ranch the weather was nice for everybody's arrival.

About the time I got my camp setup, Snick came over and we shot the bull for about an hour. Then some folks started showing up.

We wheeled a little bit on Friday of which I took no pics. Almeraz came in hauling his trailer with River Rats trailer tagged onto the back. Bobby's carrier bearing went out on the trip. Rastus showed up after dark along with a lot of others. We had a nice campfire and a good time.

The Lubbock crew arrived and the "construction crew" from Uvalde built a condo in 30 minutes in the dark at about 9pm.

Saturday morning there was heavy frost on the ground but turned nice real fast.

We had 3 groups take off in the morning.

The rest is a typical good wheeling weekend. I'm getting tired of typing, someone else can take over.

here's my gallery

http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/album774

Viva Uvalde!!!!

Oh yeah, there was a "lowrider" there also.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's some carnage.

I got stuck in the playground and some tourist had to get into the pic.

#4 ·
Who Broke?
Georges friend, Paul. The pinion chunk locked up the rear axle so we had to get it out to get him back to camp. That means diff cover, axles and carrier. Drop the chunk out and reassemble. Here's where he broke it.

#5 ·
also:

Also, Mudaholic broke a LF main leaf spring on the night run.
One of the Uvalde crew broke his hydro assist on Post Office.
Nick broke the ears off his D44 rear yoke.
Snick and Mr. Raymond had numerous fuel problems.

I can't remember anything else.

#7 ·
Nick wrapped up the rear u-joint with duct tape and kept wheeling.. we have video...

smokin

#9 ·
#11 · (Edited)
had a Fun time ,
Friday night Snick brought out a bottle of Captain Morgan, and made me a few drinks.
i was feeling a little tipsy, it was fun jokeing around the campfire,

the food was great , Dott your wife's chille was Awesome

thanks Snick for havin us out ,rockonn

Awesome Weekend.

PS. Happy birthday Snick.:toast:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.