Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Newbie/Oldbie also seeking RUBICON advice...quickly

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JDKing 
#1 ·
Just signed here, used to be a member years back, considering a new Jeep after test driving a RUBICON today, I've owned a couple over the years, plan on closing the deal tomorrow. Maybe if anyone has some last minute opinions on whether or not it's worth the Dana 44's, air lockers, upgraded tranny/transfer case, etc, etc. The one I like is Impact Orange (sunset orange looking color). Appreciate any feedback. sFew pics of my past Jeeps and my present racecar (my Mule PEPE puts down 500rwhp naturally aspirated to the ground) just got her back a month ago, keeping her but still want a Jeep tssl ...with BOGGERS of course jamminzz.

00 TJ Sport

97 TJ Sport

97 CamaroSS "My Mule PEPE"

See less See more
#3 ·
Stretch said:
yes, the extra options are worth the money if you are going to wheel it more than at the mall.

If you are filthy rich then get a regular jeep and throw some pro rock 60's under it and get an atlas 4sp tcase.
Thanks for the feedback, good to meetcha too! Not filthy rich, basically down to my racecar for a daily driver which is not the best thing in the world, blew up my beater car and miss having a Jeep. Longterm plans if I get it tomorrow is an 8" Fabtech longarm setup w/Boggers again, but for now just want to have one.

#9 ·
Welcome to the board.

#10 ·
well if ya need any hel;p with her let me know. i have 2 jeeps but the main one is a 04 Rubi. it has a 5.5'' Clayton Long Arm on 35's, 5:13's, etc, ets...

its dark blue and has been to the boat ramp on friday nights a couple of times. wherre the kemah car show at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.