Texas 4x4 Forum banner

TH400 32-spline output shaft for 203 rangebox + adapter

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  badk5 
#1 ·
Have a 32-spline input NP203

Have a TH400

need a 32-spline output shaft + adapter from a TH400/NP203 combo for a future doubler

will take a complete tranny core to get the shaft and adapter if necessary

rockonn

#2 ·
Don't need one for a doubler. I just ordered a kit from "Jeds Machining" where he machines a 1.1/8" spacer that goes between the trans and adapter, and also uses the common TH350/203 adapter as well. You can also still use the long spline imput of the 205 if thats what you have.

#5 ·
Hey badk5, do you have, or can you get some pics?

#12 ·
Jed's Machining doubler kit

Here are the pic's I promised, Chuy.

This is what they are going in.

The spacer shown goes between the 400 and 203(250 version)adapter, and looks like it is clockable.
The main adapter is BEEEEEFFFY!!! The main body is machined out of a solid piece and pressed into the 203 plate then welded and machined square. The shaft is billet, and or you can ask for a resplined shaft as well.
The 205's lowest point is stock position and can be clocked up 8deg then 8deg more for a total of 16deg's up from stock position.

#14 ·
I got it put together today and don't see a problem with the integrity of the kit as far as strength is concerned. The only concern I would have is the strength of the tranny tail end. I'm going to build a heavy duty crossmember for it and find a way to support the tranny tail side as well. I will keep you informed skeptic.

#15 ·
Thanks for the pics Chuy.

#17 ·
Got the two trans cases pur together Saturday, they went together without a hitch. Put all new seals in both cases. Had all the pieces needed (should for the price right?). I'm going to install a shift kit in the trans befor putting it in the K5. I won't put the assembly in till I get back from Satans Playground in a couple of weeks. The last time for constant clutching, maybe. I'm probably going to install a rod from the bellhousing to the firts case on both sides to add support against twisting on the trans tail. We'll see how it goes.

#19 ·
Well it's been a couple of weeks and I haven't gotten to install anything yet. Iv'e been working late as my coworker went on vacation. Then to boot I got a YJ in for a 8.8 rear end install. I'll get the jeep done first, then do the doubler. I also have a freind with an early bronco that want's a lift and other mods for a run in June. I might get to mine one of these years(LOL). I'l keep you posted. Chuy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.