Texas 4x4 Forum banner

flatbelly

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Mitch 
#1 ·
i want to flatbelly my rig.hows the best way to do this?remember i'm doing a frame swap so everything is open now and if your gonna build it do it right the first time.right?

#2 ·
Like this

That's RVreddogs K5. He should see this and answer any questions, but you can PM him as well

smokin

#7 ·
At the time of that pic it was stock mounts,it now has DIY mounts which are stock height. The case is clocked up,and that is a 1ton pickup frame,so it`s deeper than a halfton frame.

#10 ·
i run an 84 toyota pickup. i took a sawza to the floor board and then i just put a jack under the transfercase and started pumping that handle and made a crossmember out of c-channel and then took some thick sheet metal and bend the ends so that you can bolt it to the side of the frame (removable). i didnt have to change the motor mounts but i did have to trim the fan shroud as this pushes the fan into the shroud. o i also had to run a double cardin rear driveshaft to eliminate the aweful vibration. best of luck. let us know how it goes.

#11 ·
i read somewher that a guy raised his whole drivetrain,motor lifted up 2" but he did have a flat belly.idont want talk too much about flat bellys or rear ends this early(it maybe too much for some people)

#15 ·
I'd guess 2 to 3 inches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.