Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Hi from San Antonio

3K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  junkie83 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi from San Antonio - pics added

Been out of the 4x4 scene for a few years. Had to sell my last truck because the new job was just to far to drive it daily. I've scraped up enough cash to pick up a 1972 K5 as a project/toy. The wife already calls it my girlfriend. OE style bumpers have been added and the exhaust has been changed. Just the beginning...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome!

#9 ·
My girlfriend says the same thing...I just tell her atleast she doesn't have to worry about where I am or what I am doing.

#10 ·
Welcome to the board

#15 ·
Love the 1st Gen. Looked around for a long time for one with a solid body so I could just focus on drive train.

Currently:
454 BBC, TH350, NP205
8" Superlift springs, 2" body lift
39.5 IROKs on 20x10 Moto Metals (for sale)
D44, 14BSF

Immediate plans:
35" ProComp Extreme All Terrains on 17x9 somethings
Lose the body lift
D44 with 8 lug outers and 14FF (anyone have a 14FF with 4.10s for sale??)

First Gens rock!! Mine's almost done. What are the specs?

#19 ·
Right on. Hopefully he does. If not, I'll keep looking.

Want to get the axles and tires done first, then work thru the suspension. The wife made me promise that I won't do everything at once! The 8" Superlift springs are way too stiff for my taste. Want 5-6" of lift. I'm thinking DIY4X Shackle flip with 4" shackle and 1-2" Alcans in rear and 4" Alcans in front with 6" shackle. Should give me plenty of flex and smooth the ride out a lot!

cool beans. contact projectfreedom, he might have a 14 bolt...but don't hold me to that. & kudos on losing the body lift. the rig will probably look better with 37s & the 8" lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.