Texas 4x4 Forum banner

New guy..with rig pics

3K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  projectfreedom 
#1 ·
Finally found a good TX offroad forum... I'm Temporarily misplaced but soon to return to Texas... Heres a couple of my rigs.. enjoy popcornn

heres my daily driver.. 03 TJ Rubicon on 35x12.50 Dick Cepek Crushers and a 4" Rough Country lift.. and 16x8 black Cragar steelies I need to add 1 more inch body to eliminate some rub..

now heres my 1st toy.. 88 K5 on 38x13 swamper TSL's, 9" lift ,locked rear, removable doors, flowmasters, 350 w/ k&N throttle body injection..and warn manual lockin hubs its a well rounded trail/mud/rock climbin rig...

now my other toy.. a 1947 willys CJ-2a 6"spring over lift with custom built steering.. original drivetrain from engine to axles... custom built body made with 1/8" metal... 8000 lb winch with a locked rear... on 35x9.50 TSL swampers... my mud toy that follows atv's just as well as big rigs...

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the board -- now all ya need is a "Yota" to add to the collection :D

#14 ·
Welcome!

#21 · (Edited)
yes, Its hard being away from TX...
I can go on for hours on this but i'll be short.... popcornn

I tell people all the time ... if you want freedom move to Texas... I aint kiddin everywhere north of Virginia is on the verge of being communist... Hell, for example maryland Banned Them plastic truck Nutz! its about a 300$ fine if you get pulled over with em ..they say kids shouldnt see bull nuts.. Seeing bull nuts was common when i was a kid...
Another example is Vehicle inspection..Its almost impossible for modified vehicles to pass.. My K5 FAILED because its TOO BIG And I have a sticker on my windshield!! thats bsflg.. these guys will actually pull apart your brakes and see if you have enough pad and forget it if you aint got the OE engine.. and there is only 1 inspector per county thats state run .. so u cant take it to your ol buddy John down the street...
I think the north went too far when Massachusetts banned bb & airsoft guns!! yea, red ryder bb guns now require a permit up there!!
So as soon as we can sell our house.. we're Austin bound.... hopefully before some gun banner gets in the white house and 15 of my guns get banned, making things that much harder to cross the yankee states...

Luckily i joined a jeep club with like minded individuals to keep me occupied till then :)

#23 ·
I have done all the wrenching on this blazer alone with only hand tools and a highlift jack in my gravel driveway.. I plan on building a roll cage for the bed to allow for a custom made soft top and full size spare/highlift jack mount.. This is a before picture.. a couple years ago.. only 90k miles on an 88! My goal for this build is to be as well rounded in rock crawlin, trails ,& mud.. the reason for 38's instead of a 40+ tire is .. the 38 provides enough Ground Clearance while maintaining a good C.O.G .. and when flexed they can fit insinde the fenders without cutting....

Heres the first stage of my K5 build up.. Tuned up the 350,including a K&N intake w/throttle body injection and a 1 chamber flowmaster.. Installed my kicker water resistant sound system .. 3" body lift to fit 35x12.50 super swampers..

then i did the color swap to my favorite color ... O.D. Green

This is it as of now.. still with only 95k miles .. I added a 6" suspension lift and got some 38x13 Swamper TSL's,(after failing DMV inspection) I removed my sway bar for better flex on the rocks.. Built removable hinges for the doors.. then "Lincoln locked" my rear ..

and a couple videos..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.