Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1976 F250 4X4 4speed $2000

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  StillLookin 
#1 ·

Located in Cisco Tx. Im asking $2000 for this 1976 F250 4X4 4speed. This Truck runs a drives good but will need a new clutch and brakes. The floor pan needs to be replaced because it is really rusted. It has a new exhaust, starter, plugs and all fluids have been changed. Not sure what engine is in it. The previous owner said it was an FE but Im not sure. The tool box and front light bar are no longer on the truck. Ask me any questions. Ill try to be on as much as possible after 5:00pm

See less See more
#2 ·
are the header bolts directly up and down or how? np205 divorced? kingpin? closed or open knuckle?

#3 ·
The bolts are on both sides of each primary not on top and bottom if thats what you are asking. The transfer case is divorced. Forgive my ignorance but I dont know what the kingpin is and I dont know what the difference between an open and closed knuckle is. I believe it is a HD44 because of the ribs on the diff housing. I could be wrong about that. If you can explain to me about the king pin or the knuckle I can look to see or I can take some pics for you.

#4 ·
well if the heaser bolts are not up and down then it is not an FE it would be probably a 351 winsor. and if you could get pics of the knuckle area that would be great.

#8 ·
351W has 5-bolt straight valve covers and radiator hose to the intake manifold. Ford didn't start putting 351M into their trucks until 1977.

Here is a 351M/400M

#10 ·
Guys Im sorry I forgot to mention that the previous owner told me that the engine is not original (He said it was a 65' but he could be wrong) AND I told Broncocarnage wrong about the header bolts. I could have swore they were on the sides but they are top and bottom. Sorry about the confusion there. Heres some more pics.

#11 ·
yea that is a FE motor. but i dont know for a fact what axle that is i am goin to say a d44. i have a friend of mine whom is highly interested in the truck, i will show him the updated pics and let ya know what he says.

#17 ·
That is a Dana44 alright,but I was under the impression all of Fords Dana44's and 60's used in the 70's truck were high-pinion versions. Well, that is an FE motor. If its the '76 motor its a 360 or a 390. If its a '65 it may very well be the 352. I don't believe the 360's and 390's were built before '68.

I could be wrong about that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.