Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Rockwell Carnage

6K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  dragoonranch 
#1 ·
Well, went to mud fest this past weekend and was very dissapointed with the ride. They charged me $75 to get me my girlfreind and my truck in then only let us ride on half the park. The only good mudhole was on a live pipeline, so needless to say we were really bored and had to come up with our own entertainment.....tug-o-war! lol! I hooked my new sonoma up to my old one and we let the throttles fly! I was starting to move him my way a little when the thing got to hoping about a foot and a half off the ground according to spectators. After that I heard a loud pop and well, rockwells do break and not just axles anymore! Needless to say he pulled me after that. The upper ring gear in my rear axle broke a large chunk off and well, I'll just post up the pic and you'll get the idea...it was not pretty, but it was pretty funny for some reason....lol!

See less See more
#6 ·
I was waiting for a rod to come through the hood any second. lol I love the way that small block sounds.

Did anyone make it through that mud hole?

#11 ·
They had the trucks blocked off from getting on the good side. I'm not one to talk bad about anyone or anything, but yes it was that bad. They should have advertised it as a 4-wheeler ride with a truck mudbog on sunday, cause there was no where for the trucks to play at all. They are not going to get my money next year. I might show up for the mud bog, but definately not the truck ride.

#15 ·
I just called up red river equipment and ordered a new center chunk. It was actually cheaper to do it that way than to try and get a ring and pinion set. Should have it in the next couple of days.

#21 ·
Ouch !!!! That must have hurt !! lol

BTW you could use a jeep to keep that skinny pedal from getting stuck also !!! :D lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.