Texas 4x4 Forum banner

New Mexico Warpath trail

5K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  RIVER RAT 
#1 ·
#6 ·
strpot

#10 ·
I have a New Years trip planned that will eat up a big part of my budget, summer run is in the works. Both of those trips are over 12 hours driving time for me.

#11 ·
Been there, done first part of it ---totally BAD A**! Got too late a start in the day to do the trail, so we played on the first 12' waterfall. It Rocks, but you better be more than just a boys scout (go prepared) to do this one = Makes Chili Challenge stuff look like daycare......

#12 ·
how far is the trailhead from the Las Cruces fairgrounds?

#14 ·
damn, we had heard it was like 30 min from the fairgrounds.

#15 ·
More like 2 1/2 to 3 hours to the trail head from cruces and the the 4-6 hours adventure begins. When Cottontail and I went, it took us over 4 hours just to find it and we had a very detailed map. You better have someone to help you find it.

#20 ·
I presume there is safe tow rig and trailer parking at the trail head????

#22 ·
The parking is 2 or 3 miles from where you start the dirt roads. Then 1 1/2 hours of dirt roads before you even get to WP. There is nothing easy about the entire deal. If you broke down there it would almost certainly take you half a day to get back to a road that a trailer could handle.

#23 ·
Well, Dayuuummmm

#27 ·
Got room on the trailer?strpot

#31 ·
I have a gooseneck, but it's only a 20'er.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.