Texas 4x4 Forum - View Single Post - Little Sahara?
Thread: Little Sahara?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
Dirty "OLE" Man
Flex Master

Dirty "OLE" Man is a name known to allDirty "OLE" Man is a name known to allDirty "OLE" Man is a name known to allDirty "OLE" Man is a name known to allDirty "OLE" Man is a name known to allDirty "OLE" Man is a name known to all
Used to go there 20 someodd years ago with sandrails. I have a picture of one of my rails back then on the cover of the 1986 Oklahoma state map. Plus an 8x10 glossy pic that the photographer sent me. My buggy is airborn flying over a dune with a Texas flag flying on the end of my light stick. Had to have an orange flag also at the top to see during the day. What a rush that place was. At night there you had to run a light on the top of a whip antenna so others could see you. Great place. About 20 of us would go up there and rent the bunkhouses for a week in the summer. did most of our riding at night. It was a #10 on the adrenaline rush. I think I still have the antenna in the garage. You will need some wide paddle tires on a 4x4 to keep it from sinking and a lot of horsepower to spin them. There ain't no crawling at Little Sahara.
Dirty "OLE" Man is offline   Reply With Quote