Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Would you

8K views 84 replies 31 participants last post by  offroadman83 
#1 ·
go with 44 tsl's or 42" pit bull rockers, and why?

#3 ·
and what do you suggest??

#7 ·
it was icky icky sticky then.. times change esse 2finger..

#13 ·
pitbulls are pretty damn tough tire as well. Price diff of $168 diff between a set of 44's and a set of pitbulls

#18 ·
44's.
I run mine at 5 psi, they hook up on just about any terrain I have tried them on.
Don't be scarred to HAGGLE with the tire dealers. I got mine for $330 a piece, Brand NEW!!!!
With FREE SHIPPING. The mark up on tires like these is stupid high. Like $100 to $150 a tire.

HAGGLE
/ˈhæg
əl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hag-uh
l] Show IPA verb, -gled, -gling, noun
–verb (used without object) 1.to bargain in a petty, quibbling, and often contentious manner: They spent hours haggling over the price of fish

This would go for all tire dealers.
If they won't budge, try some other place, and keep trying. Think about how many of whatever tire size you want and how many there is in stock across the U.S.A. Someone wants to get a set off their books and are willing to let them go at cost.
Just on .o2
:toast:

#21 ·
I just dropped the dime on a set of Pit's. I'll let you know how they work when they get here and I get them mounted. 2finger
did you get 44's.........strpot

#24 · (Edited)
Well i gotta say it pit bull is not new and have proved it self, to be one of the best Rockcrawling whatever you throw at it tire.
Pluse everyone has TSL's

a 42 15 r15 rocker is 372 a tire
a 42 15 r15 tsl is 387 a tire
44 19.5 r15 rocker is 422 a tire
44 18.5 r 15 tsl is 437 a tire

#25 ·
Well i gotta say it pit bull is not new and have proved it self, to be one of the best Rockcrawling whatever you throw at it tire.
Pluse everyone has TSL's

a 42 15 r15 rocker is 372 ORR IT A PITT BULL ROCKER =0)
a 42 15 r15 tsl is 387 <--- four wheel parts price

44 19.5 r15 rocker is 422 ORR <--- bigger and bad ***. =0)
44 18.5 r 15 tsl is 437 four wheel parts price
What are the weight differances?

#29 ·
Real ideal answer! What well your shafts hold up to. No point in going big. If all your going to do it snap shafts.

42"s something jamminzz

#30 ·
44 TSLs just because they are a proven.

But what the hell do I know, I'm the guy running around on a set of cut boggers.

#31 ·
I think if you have the gear and axle strength to run a 44, why "settle" for a 42? The tread pattern is cool, but I wouldn't say that you are comparing apples to apples. I'd go with the TSL's, after some haggling like Gorrila said. Even the Pitbull could be said to be a "proven" tire, so quality isn't and issue. I wouldn't sacrifice 2" just to have the lastest fad. My .02

All that said, I personally love the SX's and would take the 43 SX over the 44 TSL, but that wasn't the ? you asked.

G
#38 ·
My 44 bogger only measured out to just under a true 41"s tall when new. The 42 rocker measures up to a true 42"s from what I saw out at KOH. And the 44 Rocker just dwarfs a 44 TSL or Bogger. The bad thing about the 44 rocker is the width. they make a 44 TSL or Bogger look like a narrow tractor tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.