Texas 4x4 Forum banner

new pics of the tow pig..

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  51JeepWillys 
#1 ·
I havent posted any pics since i put my stack in. And today I painted the grille because the chrome was peeling. I still need to get the plastic repaint on the bumper too..

See less See more
#5 ·
hey Robert, how loud is that in the cab? been thinking about putting a single stack on my cummins, but dont want it to loud for the kidos when they ride in the truck...but it does look good with it, like how you kept it below the cab and not stuck it 2' above the cab like alot of guys around here do.

#6 ·
Ok, I have a dumb question. I like the way the stack looks, and I have never really thought about it until now. What about when it rains, wouldn't it fill up with water? Yes, ALOT of rain, I know, but still.

#8 ·
yes it would, when/if i do mine i will have my stack flat across the top and put a rain cap on it. and when it is running it will sit there a flap up and down. another way to do it is drill like a 1/4" hole where the exhaust turns up and the water will drain out of that. Or if your not driving it and it starts raining is to stick a 5 gallon bucket over it.

#9 ·
Looks good. I'm sure it rumbles pretty damn loud in the cab. Projectfreedom straight piped his stock exhaust and it gets annoying loud on longer trips...I can't imagine it with a stack. MilitiaCJ has the 6.7 with a stack and it's not too bad. I'm torn between doing a stack or full 5'' exhaust on my Duramax, just don't think I have room with my aux tank...

#11 ·
72blazer is just gay, and thats why he thinks its loud. I dont think my truck is that loud. I have a had stack sitting my closet for like 8 months, and now I am undecided whether or not to put it on. Robert, have you ever though about debadging your truck? I did mine and it made it look so much cleaner.

#15 ·
I built my setup for about $225 or so. I just ordered the stack and then bought the rest at a local truck place. As far as the noise it is loud!!! I am running factory 4" downpipe about 2 feet of 4" pipe, to a reducer and then 5" flex pipe 5" elbow up into the bed and then a 6" stack. Once I get going on the highway its not to bad. Before I was running a 5" cat back with a muffler. I am gonna end up throwing that muffler on for when I go on long trips. Also as far as water I cover it if I know it will be a while before i drive it again after a rain but most of the time I just leave it uncovered. I drive the truck at least every few days so no biggie. Its not gonna catch enough water to hurt anything.

I do plan on debadging I just havent got around to it yet. May go ahead and do it this week. Also picked up a set of smoke RECON cab lights but still debating on those or not though.

#16 ·
im going to go get a 10' piece of 6" exhaust tube from Inland Truck parts for $125 and get the 6" rain cap for $35. ive already got a peice of 4" flex tube on the truck. so ill just build my own reducer and mounting brackets to mount it to the headache rack of my flatbed. and have under $200 for everything. but $225 still isnt bad. looks good on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.