Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Driver drop D44

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  offroadman1973 
#1 ·
Looking for a 44 for my '92 XJ. Driver drop would be nice but would consider pass. drop and a t-case swap if reasonable. WMS around 60" would be great but also somewhat flexible again.

Thanx! :toast:

#5 ·
Gotcha. Only issue would be the WMS and price. Not knocking your price, just my funds.

Let me get back to ya....and thanx!

#8 ·
I'd like to put one in but again the budget. I just put in the Chry 8.25 when the 35 blew out. Back and forth stuff is adding up.

#15 ·
i got what you need! and plum across the state tho! its a 87 wag nt axle 63"wms-wms stock 3.31 open!
still under the wag

80-91 grandwag is where to find em

Yeah that across the state thing wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't Texas. Thanx for the heads-up tho!!! :toast:

#12 ·
I would do an eight lug 44 in the front, then 14 bolt in the rear. That will get you the best setup until you can get a 60 front. I know parts are expensive but at least you won't be buying stuff that will break or that you will eventually want to change. At least with a Dana 44 eight lug you can get your money back out of it.

Also 14 bolts are cheap...

#14 ·
I get what you're saying about the axle setups. I'd love to get em under the Jeep but finances aren't what i'd like them to be right now. I can do the 44, just need it to sit for a bit and locate the 14 bolt then modify them to go under the truck.

Let me toss it over for a bit. Christmas presents for the boy are getting me right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.