Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1993/2003 RV Freightliner Motorcoach

2K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  mudgod 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The rigs I have now are really lite. Maybe 8,000-8500#'s for both. Adding a 3,500# slide-in camper adds way two much tongue weight for my truck.
I would have to buy a new bumper pull trailer if I got this, and I'm sure that would put me over the legal lenth.

#5 ·
Your right, the red sucks big time. He did say his reserve is set around $43,000. The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't have a queen bed in the back and it doesn't have a oven.

#7 ·
If you need a trailer, I'll talk to my dad. He's got a 32 foot bumper pull that he's talked about getting rid of. Would be great behind something like that.

#11 ·
#18 ·
My wife needs a place to stay if I have other people in the house when she comes to the rig to see me.

G
#20 ·
Yeah but motel rooms can not drive out a country road for a quiet secluded get away. 2finger

51Will, The best approach is to buy it and go down to the county court house in person to have the title transferred into your name. ( but do not register it)

Then go back at a later date and tell them you need to register it as an RV because you have rebuilt it into a "motorhome" wink wink. Good rule of thumb is two months later. That way there is a gap where you could be building it.

#26 ·
I've been looking at these things as well but my big question is will a back loan the money for one of the older toter homes like this one? I don't have that kind of money that I would be willing to let loose of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.