Texas 4x4 Forum banner

San Antonio de Bexar Railroad

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  MuddinManny 
#1 ·
Welcome to the inaugural post to the inception of the San Antonio de Bexar Railroad Company. Founded circa 1900, this railroad, under the parentage of the Saint Louis & San Francisco Railway, also known as the FRISCO, will service San Antonio and the surrounding area, acting as an interchange between the FRISCO and the Union Pacific Railroads.

The CEO has begun to generate stock in the public interest as the railroad prepares to start laying track in order to begin serving the good people of San Antonio and Texas. Already, the railroad has secured several good quality steam locomotives of the 4-6-0, 0-8-0, 2-8-0, 4-8-2 varieties to handle the loads.

Welcome aboard as you'll see the railroad grow into a prosperous enterprise.

See less See more
#2 ·
Eh, ???

#4 ·
One of my hobby's which I have been absent from for close to 20 years is model railroading. I'm going to start up in the hobby again. I need to balance myself with my truck build and since I'm reaching the end of the line with buying parts and the work, I need to start doing other things. I need to find balance in my life. Right now, I'm all truck and that isn't good. So this is my build thread for the railroad.

Progress will be slow, but I'll start building the benchwork soon. I need to get my tools together, and since I'm going to hand lay the track, I need to get all the tools for that.

As a former freight railroad conductor, I want to gain back what the real railroad's stole from me: the love of the trains. So please sit back and enjoy.

#5 ·
I have my FRA locomotive license... If I can fit in the engine I can run it...will need a fireman for a steam engine though...everybody needs a hobby or three...L

#6 ·
my brother has a bunch of this stuff if you know anybody looking to buy some...

#8 ·
Your best bet is eBay for that stuff and set a good reserve. It will sell like hotcakes. I dunno though. I would hold onto that stuff for just a little while longer though. They are collectors items right now and will be worth more down the road. Conrail has a huge following and it is sorely missed by many railfans, who to this day curse the Chicken S**t Xpress!

#9 ·
He retired from Con-rail....he won't put them on E-bay....have fun with your new/old project

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.