Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Carb and electric fuel pump

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  dabshr 
#1 ·
I am running a Motorcraft 2100 carb on my jeep 304 and using an electric fuel pump that is 5-9 psi and 30 gph fuel flow. I know I need to put a rebuild kit in the carb, however as it sits, the carb will drip fuel into the barrels with the pump on and engine not running. I have no return line installed on this setup either. What do I need to do to keep the carb from getting too much fuel (like it is now)? Regulate the pressure down?? Plumb in return (would have to be through a retunr style fuel filter? Both?? Or is something just blown out on the carb and after a rebuild I will be ok as is?

#3 ·
is 5-9 psi and 30 gph fuel flow......as it sits, the carb will drip fuel into the barrels with the pump on and engine not running.
Not sure what the pressure should be, but it sounds like the needle valve is leaking.

#6 ·
I had problems with my carb on the Zombie until I put a return line and a GOOD fuel pressure regulator on it.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Not saying you have to use what I did, I'm just giving you the information based on what parts I had available without mail order. I paid for "convienence".

#11 ·
ive got one of those carbs if you want a back up, ill give it to you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.