Texas 4x4 Forum - View Single Post - After Action Review (AAR)
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #15
SGT. K

SGT. K just gettin started
I think the event went well. There were some issues, my group went first and it was supposed to be red group to go down first and pick personell up. So it kinda got jacked up from the beginning. 2nd we showed up for the drivers meeting and they didn't have one, they had a trail guide meeting which we missed most of so I think this added to the confusion. They should hold the Trail Guide and drivers meeting at the same time next year. There was also a lack of trail guides. We barely knew the park and just went on the trails we had done the previous day. Also, we need to make sure that there is at least 1 parent of each child in that group, our group had 3 little boys without a parent. If something were to happen on the trail and the child need medical support we need to know all information about the child that is required by medical personell. We also need a corpsman with every group in case something should happen on the trail or at least one at the main site, I know of one person who needed there blood pressure checked and was told that we didn't have any one that could do that. So more prep on the medical side. I agree with needing more port a pottys, The bathroom and shower areas need to be attended to every 3 hrs, as they ran out of supplies and trash cans were full and just needed a general cleaning every now and then. We also need to put together some kind of portfolio of past events we can take and show the soldiers that sign up for the event. I heard we had about 80 or so pull out at the last second. I don't know what went wrong where just an idea. None of this is critisism so please don't take it that way. It was my first year to do this run and plan on going again next year. I want to thank all those that made this run possible. I know it took a lot of hard work to have this event!
SGT. K
SGT. K is offline   Reply With Quote