Texas 4x4 Forum - View Single Post - Bigevil
Thread: Bigevil
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #24
Big4x4ride
Wheels 4 Food

Big4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with AnubisBig4x4ride Surfs Venus with Anubis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwebb02 View Post
that axle shaft wasnt even broke and theres more to it than just the broke birf
Now you are on the right track, show some proof of what was broke, and go from there. Appears to me Bigevil made you a pretty fair deal in the above post, looks like the ball is in your court now..

I will say this, I do know BigEvil very well, and I do not know you jkwebb02, however this is an unbiased statement I am about to make.. I was 2' from the axle when it broke at Katemcy, I know exactly how it broke as I witnessed every second of the situation. I also know that the say before the birfield on the driverside broke as well and we changed everything out at camp and wheeled the following day again. The driverside came apart without issue, and went back together without issue and from my eyes there was nothing wrong on that side. As for the passenger side, it broke and we all assumed it was the birfield again based on how it acted after breaking (same issues as the previous day), the rig was driven back to camp on its own power, loaded up and brought home. Nothing was torn into once it got home and he posted axles for sale with what IMO was a pretty accurate description.. NOW from personal experience and shaft/birfield/u joint or anything along those lines breaking CAN lead to other part failures as I just address this on my personal axle. Without tearing into it though noone knows for sure what the issue was. It could have been as small as spitting the birfield clip off, or could have been a blown out birfield, coule be broken inner shaft, it could be lots of things.. Point being, when you buy something that you are fully aware has something broken, you run the risk of finding multiple issues.