Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Welding gas

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr. Jeckel 
#1 ·
Just wondering where the cheapest place to get Argon/CO2 mix here in town?

I've been running my 110v Lincoln with flux core since I got it 3 years ago and am finally thinking about getting some gas for it.

Thanks,
James

#2 ·
I get mine at Tractor Supply, only because they are open on weekends, which is when I always seem to run out.

#3 ·
Thanks Mitch. I looked at their site and the cost for the gas doesn't look too bad, but the cost with a tank (which I don't have) is pretty high. I do like the fact I have a tractor supply about a mile from the house though.

I had called a couple places months ago and they did the exchange program and the price was considerably cheaper at one place but I can't remember now.

So, those who have used gas a long time, should I do the exchange deal or just bite the bullet and get my own tank so I just have to pay for the gas refill? If I should just buy my own tank, where is the cheapest place for that?

Thanks for the help.

James

#5 ·
Thats a good price, but a bit far to drive for a refill... I was looking for something a little more local :lol:

#6 ·
I know TSC is high on the bottle, but after that one time purchase, you just swap them out when you go back.

#7 ·
I'm not anywhere near u. But. A 125 cost me around 200 to buy and like 40$ to refill. I say buy the bottle and be done vs renting them. Unless u need a large volume. The largest my local place lets me buy is 150, but they are not as common to have in stock as the 125.

#9 ·
Bought a bottle many years back from paramount supply which is now airgas on 3rd & Osage. Can't remember the price but I did shop around and they were the cheapest. Thing is there is no telling if they still are the cheapest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.