Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Tapatalk App support will be discontinued Friday, June 28

6K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  Rastus 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Tapatalk will become no longer available on texas4x4.org. However, AutoGuide.com has made available for your download the AutoGuide App, available to Apple and Android Phones and Tablets. It’s available as a free or paid version. You can find it by searching “AutoGuide” in the app store or by clicking here: Free Automotive, Car Mobile App - Apple & Android

The functionality of the free vs. paid app is the same; however, the major difference between the two is the presence of the advertisements, or absence thereof, respectively.

For users who access the forum using a mobile browser, you will not be prompted to download the app every time you access the forum. The prompt is cookie-based and will only happen once every 30 days, unless you delete all the cookies off your mobile device or use the browser’s incognito mode.

#38 ·
Hit or miss, better since update, still frustrating

#39 ·
If you are going to straight up copy someone else's app that people have already paid for like Tapatalk, make your own out of it, discontinue Tapatalk on the forum then push your own app, at least change the redirect when opening a link from your current app(AG) to show AutoGuide instead of still showing Tapatalk.

I mean c'mon. At least give me the reach around while you are sticking it to me. Make it seem like you aren't screwing me, maybe I'll belive it then.

#41 ·
I just typed a huge rant on the autoguide app and it crashed, i am pissed with new mangment and thier poor decision making since they apperntlty care more about lining thier pockets than the actual people that make the board what it is

#42 ·
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise for me. When tapatalk was so quick, easy and full of smiles and fun, I spent WAY too much of my work day talkin smack.
Now when I log on with AGfree, it takes an eternity to load sometimes and all the flashy colors aggravate my epilepsy while leaving me thinking the site is gonna be WAY better. In end, I just log off and get more work done.

Bummer cuz tapatalk made it easy. Guess I should be grateful. I make more money now. :)

Hey the page actually loaded this time!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#43 ·
I've never used tapatalk or the autoguide apps, to surf the many forums I'm a member on. I just use the safari browser on my iphone and or the browser on my android. never had a problem. maybe I don't know what I'm missing by not using the apps, but I've never had any issues doing anything on forums. just my two cents.

#44 ·
Only issue I've had with safari and my PC is since the buyout I get logged out automatically everyday. Even if I click the remember me box.

No biggy, I just log back in and web wheel the **** outta this *****!!

#45 ·
#47 ·
no, the pic icon only allows to upload from url. did not used to be like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.