Texas 4x4 Forum - View Single Post - 1951 willys jeep truggy
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
JR Collier
Poser

JR Collier rock stacker
1951 willys jeep truggy

I have decided to sell my Willys to fund a more street legal wheeling rig.

The rundown:
Body: 1951 Willys jeep truck, cab only. Steel half doors with square tube sliders
Chassis: 1980 Cherokee Chief/or whats left of it. From the back of the cab back is all tube chassis
Suspension: Front is sprung under with the original Cherokee chief leafs and creeper joints on the fame side of the shackle.
Rear is 4 linked with air bags. It flexes really well in the rear
Axles: Front is a Dana 44 with Chromo shafts, Rear is an AMC with 1 piece shafts. Both axles have 4.56 gears in them. Also have a PSC Steering assist ram to help in the front
Wheels/Tires: Wheels are stock white trailer wheels 9 wide . Tires are mid wear set of 37 x 12.50 Super Swampers with no rock rash (yet).
Engine: 1989 4.3 V6 on propane w/ custom Headers, HEI distributor. Also has a ford Taurus fan for cooling. Radiator is from an 89 S10.
Transmission/Tcase: 1989 700r4,231C both stock. I never got into a situation where I felt there was need to upgrade so I didnt.
Other goods: Has onboard air system to supply rear bags - 5ish gallon tank with a Viair oil-less compressor. Also has two 33# aluminum propane tanks. There is room for a Small marine cooler. The interior has suspension seats with 4 point harnesses. Shifting is through a B&M shifter. Occupants are protected via a 6 point 1.75 DOM cage. Belly height is about 20 and the rig has a very low center of gravity. Ive laid it on its side only once in 5 years of tough wheeling. Skid pan is a complete pan that covers the oil pan back to the T-case.

This has been my first and only rig for going on 5 years now. Its wheeled the likes of: K1, K2, Tree, Post, Canadian river, Moab twice, and Devils playground. Where it lacks in some of the main stream upgrades ( i.e. 40s and tons) it makes up for in style and weight.

Asking $5000 OBO
Located in Cedar Park, Tx
Open to trades for a Yj, Cj7 or Scout.
PM me for a contact number thanks JR

Here is a picture way back when it had military tires on it. This was the only good pic of the front I had.

Pics of it now

Last edited by JR Collier; 01-20-2014 at 03:53 PM..
JR Collier is offline   Reply With Quote