Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Welder question

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  09z71 
#1 ·
Any of you guys out there use a smaller welder like the eastwood 135 amp? Wouldn't be welding too many thick things and since I don't have 220 at the house right now and I can get this welder for 250 I figured it might be good for me. I am wanting to mainly use it to learn to weld as I have welded very little and been needing to learn. Worth the 250?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Sounds like a good deal to me. I got a harbor freight chicago welder. Had for six years. All my buddies told me to get a miller or lincoln. I went with the cheapo that wouldnt last. 6 years in and never had a problem yet with it. I was just learning when I bought it. I really want a miller now but hard to buy when this dam cheapo wont quit on me. One of these days I will spree for one

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
I have a Lincoln that runs on 110V. I've built my entire cage with it, no problem. I've even welded thick steel, 3/8" or so but with a 10% duty cycle, it's pretty slow.

#15 ·
i have a hobart 125 that i picked up at northern tool for $350, it does everything i need it to do.

my girlfriends dad has that little harbor freight chicago welder that does great for $100. he only uses it if he doesnt want to bust out his lincoln stick welder thats probably 30+ years old.

if i need anything else welded, i take it to obijuan with some tacos and it gets done in 6 months to never

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.