Texas 4x4 Forum banner

oil dipstick tube

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  54inches 
#1 ·
Me and zach was talking about this but i was wondering what ya'll might have done too.

I need to know the easiest way to install the dipstick without messing up the paint on the engine.

#5 ·
dipstick tube, I presume? shorty phillips screwdriver and a tap or 3 with a small hammer.

if'n the tube is loose once installed in the block, pull the tube back out, swedge the end, put a lite film of silicone on the end of the tube and reinsert.

#6 ·
now that makes sence. i was using a peice of wood to keep it from opening up or collapsing. it was a pain too cause the brakes system is in the way. should have put it on when i had it off. i will try that next time. it broke at the ring, it was a really tight fit that was for sure.

#7 ·
ahhhh I see the prob......yeah I 2nd what Rastus said.....the longer the driver the better....

.....also if you can have someone underneath negotiating your moves, it helps.......

......you know, "move it left, no the other left, now down, over, over, ok hit it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.