Texas 4x4 Forum banner

20' gooseneck carhauler

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  afroman006 
#1 ·
I have decided that 20' is just too damn long for a bumper pull car hauler, so I want to upgrade to a gooseneck. I want one with a 20-22' deck, no longer. It needs to have a dovetail and the widest deck possible. A deckover is fine. Needs to have a cappacity of at least 10k and brakes on both axles. I have a few boats and other crap to trade if interested.

#3 ·
afroman006 said:
I have decided that 20' is just too damn long for a bumper pull car hauler, so I want to upgrade to a gooseneck. I want one with a 20-22' deck, no longer. It needs to have a dovetail and the widest deck possible. A deckover is fine. Needs to have a cappacity of at least 10k and brakes on both axles. I have a few boats and other crap to trade if interested.
When you say capacity do you mean payload? I have a GN, 20+5 dove w/2ea 7K axles, single wheel. The trailer itself weighs 4K lbs, so that only leaves 10K for payload. Then consider tire ratings also. That's about as heavy as you can get without buying special tires (considering some of the load is on the truck).

#4 ·
Overall weight or payload of 10k is fine, I wont ever be hauling any more than that anyway. If I can find a new trailer, yes my current one will be for sale, but not untill I have a perfectly usable trailer to replace it with. I dont wanna miss any trips because of lack of trailer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.