Texas 4x4 Forum banner

New Job Spot.

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  mudgod 
#1 ·
I got a phone call from my boss yesterday. He said his boss wanted to meet and talk with me. This had me very concerned at first, and I really didn't know what was going on. Come to find out it was a job interview and they wanted me fill a new job as the new Engineering Manager of N. Texas. I'll be working out of Tyler and have around 10 Mud Engineers under me that will range from anywhere from Weatherford, TX to Monroe, LA. The Texas Operations Manger still has to see if he can get this new job aproved, but if the higher up's say yes to the new spot he wants me to fill it. Looks like I'll have a cell phone glued to my ear from now on, but at lest I'll be home more often.

#3 ·
Good luck and Congrats!

More Mod Money? bigok

#7 ·
TX_ZUKI said:
Good luck and Congrats!

More Mod Money? bigok
More money? Yes. How much more? Don't know yet. It is easier to make more money working in the field, so they'll have to come up some on my base pay. I've talked to them about this, but really couldn't get into it with my boss in the room. In March I got a $500/month raise, so I have that working against me. I'm still new with this company, so when the job gets aproved I'll be working in Houston for 4-6 weeks training learning the office part of the job. Most likely working Monday to Thursday and off for 3 day weekends. I'll be hanging out with my boss learning his job and slowly taking over my area from Houston. We only have one person working in Tyler now, but he told us there is a office open across the hall from him. I don't think he stays at his office very often as he is in sells. I'm sure some feelings will be hurt that I'm getting this job, and being so new to the company, but thats life. beer

#8 ·
Best of luck too ya MG :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.