|Photo Gallery||Places to Wheel||Gallery III||Home||Forum||Tech Section||IRCChat||FlashChat|
|08-06-2012, 11:24 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Senior PR Manager
Senior PR Manager
Are you a savvy media expert who understands how to develop and present a compelling story for a global, high-tech, market leader? Are you hungry to see your work on the screens of major TV networks and the pages of high-profile publications? Do you love the idea of working for a company that is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world? Are you a “people person” who can build relationships with amazing artists and visionaries and share their stories with the press? If this sounds like you—and you’re looking to join an exciting, rapidly expanding company that is at the center of revolutionizing the television production industry— then NewTek wants to talk to you.
NewTek is transforming the way people create and distribute live television-quality programming for the Web, mobile devices, projection screens, and broadcast TV. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, corporate webinars, and grade school newscasts—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we empower professionals to grow their audiences, brands and businesses faster than ever before.
We are seeking a dynamic Senior PR Manager who will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining positive media coverage for our company. This individual will work with marketing managers, executive staff, and product managers to define and execute the overall public relations and analyst relations strategy. The Senior PR Manager will be a key information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights, and will manage the development, implementation, and coordination of internal and external public relations strategies, with the goal of gaining recognition in the market, promoting our services, and establishing our thought leadership throughout target industries.
This is a newly created position reporting to the SVP of Artist and Media Relations. This position will be based in NewTek Global HQ in San Antonio, TX. Experience in media relations, special events, managing PR agencies and strong journalistic writing skills will be critical to succeed in this role. Knowledge and experience with cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans is critical. Qualified candidates must have a winning track record of “translating” technology for varying audiences, demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; oral and written communication skills and the ability to present. Preference will be given to candidates in the San Antonio, TX area (home to NewTek’s global HQ) and to those who have a background in the media production or entertainment technology industries.
• Serve as main information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights
• Work closely with the marketing managers to develop creative and integrated programs to support product introduction, services offering, new technology and thought leadership
• Establish processes to generate steady volume of press releases and promote within the appropriate channels
• Work with marketing writers and PR agency to develop, solicit and place contributed articles, bylines, editorials and other key mentions
• Help to promote key media and analyst coverage internally through field sales, and leverage coverage to support marketing and sales campaigns
• Educate industry analysts on our value proposition
• Arrange, facilitate and manage media and analyst briefings with key company spokespeople
• Establish us as a key technology player in both vertical and horizontal markets through media and analyst exposure
• Establish operational objectives and work plans
• Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
• Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers
• 5-7 years experience as a working press relations professional
• Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc., plus strong journalistic writing skills
• Experience working with industry analysts to facilitate briefings and educational events
• Minimum of two years experience managing a Public Relations agency
• Excellent communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate concepts and influence stakeholders at all levels of the company
• Strong people-management skills
• Proficiency with a musical instrument or nunchuks are a plus
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] No phone inquiries.
Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Manager of Customer Support||Rastus||Employment||0||07-09-2012 03:24 PM|
|Repair Center Manager||Rastus||Employment||0||10-13-2011 10:41 AM|