|Photo Gallery||Places to Wheel||Gallery III||Home||Forum||Tech Section||IRCChat||FlashChat|
|10-05-2005, 10:59 AM||#1|
Wheels 4 Food
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: meadow, tx
difference in 2 states
1. Texas: Productive industrious state run by Republicans.
Louisiana: Government dependent welfare state run by Democrats.
2. Texas: Residents take responsibility to protect and evacuate themselves.
Louisiana: Residents wait for government to protect and evacuate them.
3. Texas: Local and state officials take responsibility for protecting their citizens and property.
Louisiana: Local and state officials blame federal government for not protecting their citizens and property.
4. Texas: Command and control remains in place to preserve order.
Louisiana: Command and control collapses allowing lawlessness.
5. Texas: Law enforcement officers remain on duty to protect city.
Louisiana: Law enforcement officers desert their posts to protect themselves.
6. Texas: Local police watch for looting.
Louisiana: Local police participate in looting.
7. Texas: Law and order remains in control, 8 looters tried it, 8 looters arrested.
Louisiana: Anarchy and lawlessness breaks out, looters take over city, no arrests, criminals with guns have to be shot by federal troops.
8. Texas: Considerable damage caused by hurricane.
Louisiana: Considerable damage caused by looters.
9. Texas: Flood barriers hold preventing cities from flooding.
Louisiana: Flood barriers fail due to lack of maintenance allowing city to flood.
10. Texas: Orderly evacuation away from threatened areas, few remain.
Louisiana: 25,000 fail to evacuate, are relocated to another flooded area.
11. Texas: Citizens evacuate with personal 3 day supply of food and water.
Louisiana: Citizens fail to evacuate with 3 day supply of food and water, do without it for the next 4 days.
12. Texas: FEMA brings in tons of food and water for evacuees. State officials provide accessible distribution points.
Louisiana: FEMA brings in tons of food and water for evacuees State officials prevent citizens from reaching distribution points and vice versa.
13. Louisiana: Media focuses on poor blacks in need of assistance, blames Bush.
Texas: Media can't find poor blacks in need of assistance, looking for something else to blame on Bush.
14. Texas: Coastal cities suffer some infrastructure damage, Mayors tell residents to stay away until ready for repopulation, no interference from federal officials.
Louisiana: New Orleans is destroyed, Mayor asks residents to return home as another hurricane approaches, has to be overruled by federal officials.
15. Louisiana: Over 400 killed by storm, flooding and crime.
Texas: 24 killed in bus accident on highway during evacuation, no storm related deaths.
16 Texas: Jailed prisoners are relocated to other detention facilities outside the storm area.
Louisiana: Jailed prisoners are set free to prey on city shops, residents, and homes.
17. Texas: Local and state officials work with FEMA and Red Cross in recovery operations.
Louisiana: Local and state officials obstruct FEMA and Red Cross from aiding in recovery operations.
18. Texas: Local and state officials demonstrate leadership in managing disaster areas.
Louisiana: Local and state officials fail to demonstrate leadership, require federal government
You too can be a satisfied customer of "Jeff's Offroad Emporium"!
Jeff's Offroad Emporium check me out on FaceBook!
|10-05-2005, 11:07 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
and it's all true..
Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character.
|10-06-2005, 12:00 AM||#4|
Wheels 4 Food
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Palestine, TX
I here that when the gas stations went dry, that they went to gas stations up in the north part of the state and got gas from gas stations that had it, and moved it south.
P.I.Z.Z.A. I want pizza! P.I.Z.Z.A. I want pizza!
"we'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singin....whiskey for my men... for my horses"
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|30 yrs difference||Rastus||Humor||5||07-12-2005 07:54 PM|