|Photo Gallery||Places to Wheel||Gallery III||Home||Forum||Tech Section||IRCChat||FlashChat|
|08-01-2005, 12:00 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2005
How about a CAMO jeep?
I ran accross a product the other day at Mack's Prarie Wings called TOOK LINK OFF! It is some sort of camo vinyl that you put on your jeep or 4 - wheeler. I would like to do this to my jeep, but I wanted to see if anyone has heard of this stuff , or better yet, tried it. Any advice would be very helpful before I buy it.
Last edited by TX_ZUKI; 08-05-2005 at 01:38 PM..
|08-01-2005, 01:20 PM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PIMPIN PARTS in SA TX
Got 5 Or 6 Truck That Come In With That Stuff On Them ..look Ok Take Your Time And Clean The Truck Real Good Before So That Dont Come Off... It Just A Big Sticker
82 BJ42 3b and a dream...
82 FJ60 SOA, 456's lockrite's, 35 Xtrem M/T's, ARB bull & side bars,warn 12k and a Vortec
GOD BLESS TEXAS
PM me for anything from 4 Wheel Parts and I can get you a Club discount
|08-01-2005, 10:11 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Yup, I've done an entire jeep and have some on my truck and have put lower accents on many trucks.
We use Truckshields brand and not CamoClad though, Truckshields is printed on 3M film w/ an overlaminate. Good stuff! Not terribly difficult to put on, just tedious.
Another piece of heaven gone to hell.
|08-05-2005, 12:26 PM||#5|
Wheels 4 Food
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: meadow, tx
Here is a list of posts by Jaclinto from altavista.com.
Customtruckforum.com - 5/2/05 Camo question for truck and truck tent bed question. Claims to own a Ford F-150
Automotive Forums - 5/5/05 Asked about camo for a truck, and asked about a bed tent as well.
Deer Hunting Chat - 5/9/05 Asked about camo and a truck bed tent and got spanked for being in the wrong forum. His response "
sorry about not being in the right topic - I am new to these forum things. Just trying to get some advice. thanks for the heads up"
Duck Hunting Chat - 5/31/05 Asked about camo for a shotgun
thehunterslife.com - 6/2/05 Asked about using it on a truck
The Fly Fishing Forum - 6/2/05 Asked about using it on a canoe
Gunboards.com - 6/6/05 Asked about camo for a rifle.
Total Sportsman Forum - 6/16/05 Asked about camo for a shotgun
PABucks.com 6/21/05 Asked about camo for a truck
The Elk Hunting Forum - 6/23/05 asked about camo for a truck
The Southern Outdoorsman.com - 6/23/05 Asked about using it on a truck
Gun&Game.com - 6/24/05 Asked about using it on an AK47
truckworld.com - 6/25/05 Asked about camo for a truck
officiallyrugged.com - 6/30/05 Asked about camo for a truck. Then said he bought it on 6/30/05. Reported to have arrived on 7/6/05. Reported to have put it on truck on 7/11/05.
pavementsucks.com 7/12/05 - Asks about camo for truck.
pnwfs4x4s.com - 7/20/05 joined, can't find post. Says from Virginia and drives an Explorer.
CK5.com - 7/27 asks about camo for a jeep.
There are also a bunch of posts inquiring about a hat with lights in it on several of these same websites. Now, after a brief analysis of the above, I do have a couple of observations:
1. Jaclinto claims to own a jeep, F-150, and an Explorer in three separate posts. Certainly possible given the amount of rigs that some folks own.
2. Every post he makes uses almost identical verbage and always has a link to the website of the company.
3. Many posts aren't just for putting this camo product on a truck. He has an interest in his shotgun, rifle, AK47, hunting bow and canoe. That is some serious camoflauging going on.
4. Most posts inquiring about this product that I dug up (and I'm certain I missed many) start in around May 05. In a post on 6/30/05 you say you bought the product, received it on 7/6/05 and install it on your truck 7/12/05. Why then come pavementsucks.com on 7/12/05 and then into CK5 on 7/27/05 and ask again about the product? If I could find the post in pnwfs4x4s.com I'd be curious to know what that said (Muddytazz?) You also routinely ask in almost every forum for pics of the product. There are many on the original website and now it is apparently on one of your trucks.
5. I noticed that your e-mail listed on one of the sites [email protected] comes back registered both to Greensboro, North Carolina. I also notice that CamoClad is located in North Carolina as well.
Now, Jim here may be one of those few folks that I admire so much that do serious homework prior to making any kind of financial or time investment in a project. I try and do the same. On the other hand, I am also the suspicious type. If Jaclinto is one of those admirable folk that excel in research, I would never want to besmirch his character. On the other hand, people have been known to spam forums on occasion.....
thanks to desert rat on ck5 for the info
You too can be a satisfied customer of "Jeff's Offroad Emporium"!
Jeff's Offroad Emporium check me out on FaceBook!
|08-05-2005, 01:32 PM||#6|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
thought I was right.... thanks Jeff
Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|92 Sahara (Parts Jeep) Musings||Hatch||General chit chat for & about 4x4's.||18||06-07-2005 02:56 PM|