Back with another truck - Texas 4x4 Forum

Go Back   Texas 4x4 Forum > News Desk > Introductions

Photo Gallery Places to Wheel Gallery III Home Forum Tech Section IRCChat FlashChat

Introductions Say hello and Introduce yourself.

Texas4x4.org is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Introductions:

Back with another truck



Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belton
Posts: 14
Bill05 just gettin started
Back with another truck

Hi I got rid of my Tahoe for a truck. I got a 96 Dodge Ram 1500. It already has 3" body, and a 3" Skyjacker lift. It has some 35" KM2's also.

Of course Id like it to be bigger. Not too much, but at least another 3"s. Maybe get some 37's.

It has a 5 speed manual, I wonder how big I can go without regearing?

And if somebody know where I can get some 3/4 ton axles that would be a good add on.

Anybody know any good ad ons, or weak links on these trucks I should address?
Bill05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
Wheels 4 Food
 
mnmstoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SATX
Posts: 6,720
mnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubismnmstoy Surfs Venus with Anubis
Check the classifieds. ...3/4 tons were their not to long ago.
Bigger tires will throw the speedometers off. You will be going faster then what your speedometers says.
__________________
Mike
________________________________
1980 Toyota 4.3/465/300 on Propane.
60/14 welded front, detroit rear 5.13 gears.
39.5 IROC on H1's
mnmstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
Trail Blazer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio,tx.
Posts: 557
Deuce rock stacker
Back with another truck

I know a guy who's selling his wrecked 1999 dodge ram 2500. The truck has a 24v with 170000 on. He wants $4500 for it. Idk if he'll part it out but it don't hurt to ask.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
snick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
First off get rid of the body lift.(body lifts are just as gay as stacks on a diesel pickup) Keep it as low as possible to fit the tire of your choosing without rubbing. With that said if you have to go over 6" of lift (which will fit 38's) you are in the mall crawler retard mud truck crowd.

As far as axles go hit up the junk yards and get a set out of a one ton. they will bolt right in. As suggested above a 3/4 ton will only get you a rear axle. The front will be the same D44 you have now only 8 lug.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #5
Trail Blazer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio,tx.
Posts: 557
Deuce rock stacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snick View Post
First off get rid of the body lift.(body lifts are just as gay as stacks on a diesel pickup) Keep it as low as possible to fit the tire of your choosing without rubbing. With that said if you have to go over 6" of lift (which will fit 38's) you are in the mall crawler retard mud truck crowd.

As far as axles go hit up the junk yards and get a set out of a one ton. they will bolt right in. As suggested above a 3/4 ton will only get you a rear axle. The front will be the same D44 you have now only 8 lug.
1 tons will just bolt up to a half ton with no mods?
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
snick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
1 tons will just bolt up to a half ton with no mods?
Yup. As long as it is not a dually one ton and you have a 1/2 ton that that has a solid front axle like the OP's Even if it is a dually the front will still bolt in and you will only have to move the spring perches in the rear.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
Trail Blazer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio,tx.
Posts: 557
Deuce rock stacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snick View Post
Yup. As long as it is not a dually one ton and you have a 1/2 ton that that has a solid front axle like the OP's Even if it is a dually the front will still bolt in and you will only have to move the spring perches in the rear.
hmm that might be my next mod on my dodge.i got a single cab short bed 99 dodge ram 1500.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
Trail Blazer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio,tx.
Posts: 557
Deuce rock stacker
do you know if the rear axle in a 3/4 ton is the same as 1 ton?
i think they are but im not sure
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
snick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
do you know if the rear axle in a 3/4 ton is the same as 1 ton?
i think they are but im not sure
In a dodge or furd application yes. Newer model chevy's I'm not sure on. Some 3/4 ton's came with a semi float bastardized 14B.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #10
Trail Blazer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio,tx.
Posts: 557
Deuce rock stacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snick View Post
In a dodge or furd application yes. Newer model chevy's I'm not sure on. Some 3/4 ton's came with a semi float bastardized 14B.
so in front,the steering linkage,the arms for the 4 link,sway bar, and panhard bar are interchangeable?

id have to get driveshafts made right.better not tell me those are interchangeable too..............are they?
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
River today BlownOut Amarillo Area 14 07-07-2008 08:45 PM
4x4 Truck Rodeo - Huntsville (I think) ksims1868 Meetings and Runs 1 05-12-2005 06:17 AM
Stuck again mudgod General chit chat for & about 4x4's. 20 02-26-2005 10:48 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


3.8.8 - Powered by vBulletin
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002-2012 Texas4x4.org
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0