Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys tore it down 2 night.....lets say yall are right....38's are tooooooo much for a 12 bolt.....ripped 4 teeth off the pinion, the ring is in ok shape and so is the spyder gears and carrier.......blew a hole threw the axle case....so yea its trashed.......heart breaken sound to open the case and hear the metal pieces plop into the pan......plus it smoked the u-joint and rear pinion bearing...so its trashed!!!!!! found out it has 3.73 gears..damn guy lied said it had 4.56...........!!!!!!!! gggrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! 41 teeth 11 on the pinion........so i need a 14 bolt with 4.10 or 3.73 seem to work great with those tires and my motor.....i guess i shoulden't have been doing power burn oyuts LOL.........all in good fun!!!!!!........laterz guys.....cash in hand name your price if you have a axle 4 me!!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lifted78Chevy said:
ok guys tore it down 2 night.....lets say yall are right....38's are tooooooo much for a 12 bolt.....ripped 4 teeth off the pinion, the ring is in ok shape and so is the spyder gears and carrier.......blew a hole threw the axle case....so yea its trashed.......heart breaken sound to open the case and hear the metal pieces plop into the pan......plus it smoked the u-joint and rear pinion bearing...so its trashed!!!!!! found out it has 3.73 gears..damn guy lied said it had 4.56...........!!!!!!!! gggrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! 41 teeth 11 on the pinion........so i need a 14 bolt with 4.10 or 3.73 seem to work great with those tires and my motor.....i guess i shoulden't have been doing power burn oyuts LOL.........all in good fun!!!!!!........laterz guys.....cash in hand name your price if you have a axle 4 me!!!!!!!
You gotta get a 14 bolt. As cheap and plentiful as they are, there's really no reason not to go that route.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Koldsimer said:
You gotta get a 14 bolt. As cheap and plentiful as they are, there's really no reason not to go that route.
X2bigok

1 - 3 of 3 Posts