Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the car that i have been building since i was 15 i am currently 22 yrs old. It is still in the building stage but slowly it is getting there.
I striped it down to the cab and started rebuilding the frame and suspension. the suspension is stock for now only thing diffrent is the rearend. it's got a 4:10 posi setup.
The motor consist of a 350 4 bolt main block. since i was able to get by with not boring it, i left it alone. in the bottom end i put a scat crankshaft and rods that been shot peened and the the piston are keith black. this assembly has been balanced so it will last longer and not lose any horsepower due to imbalance. The cam is a extreme energy cam with the number 268H. For heads i use updated Vortec heads that was modified for the higher lift of the cam. The rocker arms are holand sharp rocker arms (i might be spelling that wrong). Manley one piece pushrods, and high rev lifters from comp cam. And now for the newest peice the RPM airgap intake!!
I will try to get the old pics up but they are not digital so we will see how they go but here are some i got for now.

Here is how it looks today

well i know i started a thread about it on the other site but figured i would start this is in the project forum. hopefully i will get some more done to it.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last week i got a chance to work on the car some more. Since i was in a rush i forgot to put fliud in the torque convertor. well in order to drop the trans i had to fix the trans crossmember since it was welded. Also when they welded it they put it at the wrong place so i took it out and turned it around and bolted it place. took 5 hours to do all of this. With the help of my mom i got it back in with out too much damage to me. Can't say the same for the transmission pan. next time i am at home i will take pics of it all and show the bottom side. My next on list is find the bolt for the trans mount. paint trans pan again, clean the frame and detail the edges on the cuts i made and paint it all again. hopefully i will have driveshaft ready to put in by then. finish the front brakes since i forgot the small hardware on the calipers. and any detail stuff i need done.
here is a old pic of the car when i started.

this is a pic of my father helping me when i first started.

My long hair days, working on the long hair again.

Told you about the pics!! i will get some better ones when i go home again. anyway there is about all of it for now.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Motor looks sweet thumbup should be a nice ride when you finish toast

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
He'll have to rebuild it again by the time he gets it running. lol

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
bartmoon :fist:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well due to moving, i got a airplane hanger to store it at till the garage get cleared out by the landlord. I am going to work on the garage and go through everything to determine if i really need it or not and get my new metal shelfs put together. also planning on building a bench to put my tools on and have a place to work on. Hopefully i will be able to get some more parts for the camaro this summer with the new job.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as stated in the earlier post i got my metal shelfs put together and i got my bench together(need to finish it thou). and i got some parts for the camaro!! as i mention in one thread i got the headers and i also go the adaptors so i can finally bolt the cover on the heads.(center bolts to perimeter bolts adapter). hopefully my father gets the carb for my birthday and i will get the distributor with one of the first few paycheck of my part time job!! getting closer.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i figured it was time for a update on the camaro!!

Figured i would first start by showing how the shop was coming along,

My bench being put to good use....

My camaro holed up in the middle of the shop...

I still got a lot of work over here, mainly get rid of the furniture,.....

Those tranny i got for $60 one is a th400 short shaft, the other are th350 one short and one long shaft.....

another short shaft th400 and the block with a broken ear on the starter side, and other varies parts....

Bought this for $50 from a guy that was in a bind for money.....
didn't know him either.

Bought this today for $100 it was never used just been in this guy's shop for 4 yr cause he sold the camaro before he put it on. it is a $500 3 1/2" cowl hood bolt on version. with hood kit, low tension spring and latch pins.

Bought these super competition headers from ebay, apparantly jet hot never got paid for their job so they sold it on ebay for $325.
i think all together they are $600 worth of headers!!!

Here are the adapters that allows me to run perimeter covers on center bolt heads. $180!!!!!!

here is a side view of them on.

probably can't tell it but i had to notch the adaptor to clear the rocker arms. so if you use these with roller rocker expect to notch them!!

these tabs was in the way so i took them off....

finished result

and here it is bolted on, i am going to run a set of manifold to break the cam in and set the timing and carb.
that way i don't turn the headers blue from the extreme heat.
also i got a 750 holley double pumper coming in today!!!
going to check out a radiator that is slightly used but still looks good from what i am told. $550 radiator for $150 so i figured i would check it out.
and find a good water pump and rebuild the powersteering pump. and 50,000,000 other things to do!! but getting closer.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
WOW!!! The shop and the motor is coming along nicely Cody--keep it up! jamminzz

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
Wow, it actually looks like it MIGHT run within the next 20 years. 2finger

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
lol @ Zach.. lookn good Cody, decent job sure does help huh :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got some new pics of the shop and the camaro.

I built another bench to hold up my draws that i have all of my bolts and misc stuff in . I found my dad's old compression test guage in there he said it worked the last time he used it so i will find out one day.

On the original bench i had to put legs in the middle of the bench to keep it from bowing in.
I took the brake booster off to get to the firewall, as you can see it had baked on oil and grease. so using a wire wheel and angle grind i got it all off. i ain't worried about the steering column yet cause it will be coming off
when i do the interior.

Just wondering what are ya'll using to clean the metal before painting it so it will stick?

here are the pics.
PICTURES!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts