Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front dana 60 I have already has 4.56's in it. The 14ff I picked up this weekend has 3.73's (I think). Want to go 5.38's or 5.72's but 14ff doesn't allow that. Is it worth the extra money to change both axles to 5.13's or just change the 14 ff to 4.56 and save the money? Is there a noticable differance between 4.56 and 5.13's to make it worth the money? (I'm running 44's)

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
no on the noticable change, only the transfer case will feel the difference if you leave 1 at 456 and 1 at 513, save the cash, use 456s

·
OOOsahhh
3,905 Posts
I have 456 in mine and I`m changing to 513 as quick as I can. I also got a 1350 pinion yoke to put in while the swap is going on. The dana 60 has a 1310 stock. Did you do the 35 spline outers yet?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I got the dana 60 I went through it and changed the outers to 35 with new warn hubs. I'm looking to put my cross over in but need to build a drag link for it. I have the high steer set up to raise the tie rod over the leafs. I need to find someone nearby to weld in my frame brace kit for me on the steering box since I haven't p/u a welder yet.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
FYI--5.38s are avaliable for the 14FF now.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who has the 5.38's and do they use the thick gears?

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
MUDDSLINGER said:
Who has the 5.38's and do they use the thick gears?

I believe they are Yukon gears and yes they are thick. I'm pretty sure they are out of stock right now, the last I heard anyway. Give Randy's a call tomorrow.8)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Holler at JDKing He's in Texas City, might be able to help U out with the welding.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info on the gears and I will contact jd when ready, Thanks Phules

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
MUDD,

I have a welder in Baytown at my house, if you want to use it or to learn how, if you already don't know how. I need to weld in my ORD braces also!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
54 inches........thanks for the offer. I don't know how nd would like to learn.Let me know when.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bruiser...........I called Randy's today and they do have an order for 200 sets of 5.38's for the 14ff. They don't have a delievery date though. I had to put my name on the list but they are getting them...SOMEDAY. Thanks for the lead

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
MUDDSLINGER said:
Bruiser...........I called Randy's today and they do have an order for 200 sets of 5.38's for the 14ff. They don't have a delievery date though. I had to put my name on the list but they are getting them...SOMEDAY. Thanks for the lead
Thats cool! I didn't think they were coming out untill May :)

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are not out YET and no date is set for them to be as of now........Maybe in May?????? Who knows

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Very cool---maybe I need to put my name on the list.:evilbat:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts