Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the bolt torque specs for a BBC? I need to know what to torque everything to and I dont have my manual here. Not that I have a torque wrench. :rolleyes:

I got the crank in and one piston. I thought I was doing pretty good until I broke a ring trying to take it off. :mad:

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That looks like a pretty cool site. 8)

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got all the pistons in tonight. Tomorrow, (actually later today) I plan to get the heads bolted on, then I'll just be waiting for my cam to come in so I can finish up.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cam is in and heads are on. All that's left are the valve covers, oil pan, and intake. I'm hoping to drop in and have it running saturday.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:evilbat:

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. 8) I'm having some low end issues with the carb and it's running hot. I think my thermostat may be sticking. I'm liking the power though, I cant wait to get it broke in good so I can really see how it runs. It has a nice low exhaust rumble at idle.

Now I need some dual 3" pipes and headers. I can tell the 2.5" into 2.25" mufflers is really holding it back.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Get some pipe off a swing set, make straight pipes.. :evilbat:

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like to pass inspection and not rattle the cops eardrums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.