Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info needed. Can you put lower tcase gears in the stock tcase or can I use a TJ tcase and put the 4:1's in that and make it work easily? How strong is the tranny and tcase behind the fuel injected Vortec V6? I am thinking about selling the samurai. Pulling the body off of the S-10 and building a tube buggy with a Vortec V6, 4:1 Tcase if possible, auto tranny and 42's with Dana 60's front, and 14FF rear. I think this would make a sweet rig with lots of power and lightweight.

I'm just sick of dealing with the gutless 1.3L engine and having to fight with vendors to get stuff ordered.

Sorry, just had to vent and dream a little. Zuki's rock. But I am sick of the gutless engine.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
I'm not sure about the gears, but you can build a cheap doubler using another 27 spline input GM t-case. The S10 uses the same size 27 sp. output on the t-case, all you need is an adapter.

The auto tranny will be 700r4 or 4l60e in the later models. Man. will have an NV3500. I have the 3500 in mine and love it. The drivetrain is pretty stout, and if it does break or your worried about it you can swap in fullsize parts.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Jeep 231 and S10 231 tcase do not instantly transfer from one transmission to the other (shaft spline differences). You have to do some part swappin'. I too have wondered about the terralow working in the S10 231, as well as the rear fixed yoke kits. Russ at Baertrax probably knows the answer. 972-406-9363. I think he may be gone wheelin'.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
I'm pretty sure the fixed yoke kit for a jeep wont fit a chevy t-case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.