Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What shifter should I get from summit for my 700r4 tranny? I want one that I can bump from any gear to nuetral without having to pull the handle, but I also want it to stay in nuetral until I pull the handle and shift it. So, which one do I need to get?

· Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Stay away from B&M, everyone I have talked to or heard had one hated them. Alot of the comp. guys like the Art Carr gate shifter, but they are expensive. Personally I wouldnt get any ratchet shifter for rock crawling.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4x4Freak said:
Stay away from B&M, everyone I have talked to or heard had one hated them. Alot of the comp. guys like the Art Carr gate shifter, but they are expensive. Personally I wouldnt get any ratchet shifter for rock crawling.

What would you recomend?

· Registered
1,740 Posts
I would recommend scrounging at the boneyard for any car with a cable shifter. I believe most anything that is front drive automatic will be a cable shifter. Then you'll have your "bump straight to nuetral" feature and "push a button or something to get into gear" feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.