Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a "new" truck from Jeff yesterday. It's a 1980 GMC 3/4 ton with a 10 blt front and 14 FF in the rear. It has a SBC, which I think is a 350, a th400 mated to a np205. I hope to have it ready to use some time this summer. It needs a lot of work, but nothing I cant handle. I plan to keep it stock or atleast close to stock. It also has a high performance exhaust system on it. One side has a glasspack and the other has a turbo muffler. lol

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
are you sure its not a sb400?

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
thumbup.... nice score Zach. You gonna let Cody do the interior 8)

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
4x4Freak said:
It also has a high performance exhaust system on it. One side has a glasspack and the other has a turbo muffler.
Be sure and check your steering. That specialty exhaust was designed to offset a steering pull to one side or the other. The glasspack side has slightly more power due to slightly less restriction in the exhaust, so it makes the truck drive straight down the road.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
1funny1

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fulltopblazer said:
are you sure its not a sb400?
It doesnt look like it has a 400 balancer on it, but the air cleaner and vin letter both say 400. I'm going to get the numbers off the block and find out for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hatch said:
Be sure and check your steering. That specialty exhaust was designed to offset a steering pull to one side or the other. The glasspack side has slightly more power due to slightly less restriction in the exhaust, so it makes the truck drive straight down the road.
I already know the steering needs to be rebuilt. The front draglink end has about an inch of slop in it.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rastus said:
You gonna let Cody do the interior 8)
I started to do it tonight, but I dont have any of the screws for it. I've also got a factory tach out of the K30 I'm putting in it. I just have to figure out which wires to move on the harness.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fourwheelerjeff said:
i thought i left the screws in it, be sure and sift through the dirt real close :cool:

also, save that lock cylinder to help me find the door keys to it :cool:
There are a few of them laying on the floor, but I didnt see any others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.