Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This time I picked the name, rather than a trail event christening her. Actually, her name is indeed 'journey' related: I bought the Jeep in New Jersey after looking at pictures and calling the wholesaler. She hasn't even been picked up by the car carrier yet, but it's time to begin the project thread. Why? Here's why:

I now know what Phase I is going to be. I bought ANOTHER YJ tonight. This one could be turned into a solid trail rig; it was rolled on LBJ, so I'm not sure I would trust it back on the street. It was a daily driver up until the wreck. Anyhoo...

These parts are being directly transfered to Jersey when she arrives:
9" Ford rear, disc brakes (e-brake functional), 4.88s, Detroit, 5x4.5 wheel pattern
D30 front, 4.88s, Detroit
Custom Driveshafts
SPrings Over Axle (SPOA)
Fixed yoke rear output (can't swap t-cases...this one's cracked in two)
2.5" lift springs (although one front is broke and owner said "they sag")
35" MTs (not much tread left, but they'll do for now)

It's a 4.0 5sp; I will compare the engine condition on the two before I decide what to do with "Party's" engine.

Pics as soon as I get back with Party [hopefully] tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone need a YJ body, frame, and title? :)
"Project" forum plans:
I am going to try oh-so-hard to be organized from start to finish this time, hopefully to the point of being borderline anal. I will use this thread for general discussion of Jersey and notification of component upgrades. I will then try to run a separate thread (in the appropriate location) AND a separate nested photo album for each component fix/mod/upgrade. For example, I might start a thread under the "Axles, drivetrain" forum for each of the rear, then front axle swaps (two separate threads), another thread for the SYE install, etc. Build photo album, start thread with links to and/or inserts of photos, add note (and maybe a single pic) to this thread that links to the component thread. Once it gets going, it won't be as hard to actually DO as it is to describe how I'm going to keep this thing organized.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
sounds very cool.. smokin

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Hatch said:
"Project" forum plans:
I am going to try oh-so-hard to be organized from start to finish this time, hopefully to the point of being borderline anal. I will use this thread for general discussion of Jersey and notification of component upgrades. I will then try to run a separate thread (in the appropriate location) AND a separate nested photo album for each component fix/mod/upgrade.

Wow bigok Good luck....

·
Registered
477 Posts
if you want to give away the old frame, body and title, i got a spot for it in the backyard!!

sounds like a good project, i say keep jersey that way with the partys parts, and then slap some rockwells, 42s, and a big block in the frame and body of the parts truck

wes

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttkid524 said:
if you want to give away the old frame, body and title, i got a spot for it in the backyard!!

sounds like a good project, i say keep jersey that way with the partys parts, and then slap some rockwells, 42s, and a big block in the frame and body of the parts truck

wes
Well, I can't GIVE it away (yet). As for saving it for a 2nd BIG build up...gee, if I only had a field I could park it in 'til that time comes. Hey Mudgod...you bought that new place yet? :D

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rhundl said:
how much do you want for the title frame and body. I am interested
You are third in line. Let me get it to the house, scope out the whole rig (on dry, level ground where I can check things better), then I'll post in the "For Sale" forum everything that I don't/won't/can't keep for Jersey.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jersey is HOME!

Not as perfect as I'd hoped, but still a fine Jeep. I'm happy with the deal. Plenty of pep in the engine. Plenty! No reservations about going forward with making Jersey my streetable trail rig and parting out the '92. However, I may be pulling a few more doo-dads off the '92. Nothing major.

Pics soon.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
cool deal thumbup

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
toast jamminzz toast

They forgot to drop the seats off on their way through though.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh Dave...man...sorry about that. I meant to have the driver wait while I pulled them out for you, but he drove away to fast. And he was headed home to Winnsboro, right over in your neck of the woods I believe.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Drivers these days. :rolleyes:

Maybe he'll realize where he went wrong and show up to deliver them to my door. Then just to make up for his error... he'll take my junk seats out and install them... yeah that's it...

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sold hard top; scored a soft top.

Price was too good on the soft top and included frame in fair condition and soft door uppers. Body pieces for the back were scavenged from the parts Jeep. Windshield channel was saved from a bud's trash pile (in near perfect condition). Only problem: door openings don't match hard doors. I've seen an add-in piece on TJs that makes the round corners; not sure if that's available for YJs. I won't be running the doors on the trail, so it's not a big issue at the moment.

Took care of title transfer on both this Jeep and the parts Jeep today.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.