Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Angel Fire Resort

Coordinators of this event have stated that thier are many offroad trails in the area to run. They have also said that they will open some trails typicly not premitted for public use during this weekend if thier is enough interested parties to justify it. Sounds like a really fun trip.

Hope to see you all there,
Catfish 8)

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
that's some beau t ful country out there... Be nice to go an wheel in them hills toast

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rastus said:
that's some beau t ful country out there... Be nice to go an wheel in them hills toast
That is a great price on rooms as well. They usally go for just under $120 per night. I'm sure there is also camping availible as well if that is more your cup of tea?

Catfish 8)

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
popcornn might need a peterbuilt & 40' drop deck to get us up to this one :)
I know i wouldent want to pull my junk up that pass with anything less....Ill see what I can come up with bigok

·
Registered
539 Posts
mudnmyvayne said:
maby it just seems like a long pull to flatlanders like me??

Eh i bet you can find a way to do it, its not too bad. Between Dumas and Angel fire I think thats like the *only* big hill :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mudnmyvayne said:
will the firetruck run good at that high of a altitude??
After everything I've done to that truck, I ought to be able to make it run good on the bartmoon .

BUT.... hopefully we will see? jamminzz

Catfish8)

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
take em both smokin

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm one step closer.....

Reserverd a room today for myself and the family. Got a smokin deal I thought. 500 sq. foot suite for two nights in the crisp, clean, moutain air for under 200 bux. Thats cheap family fun I figure.

As usaual I'm still not certain I'm going till I'm gone but I will be ready just in case. I feel it is my duty to set the bar high at the inaugural Angel Fire Mud Bog by debuting the The Fire Truck for the first time outside of Texas. With any luck I will prove that things really are bigger and better in Texas.

Catfish 8)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well after looking forward to this moutain mud bog for so long it has officially canceled. Too muddy they say.... 2finger Aint that an oxy moron to say that it is too muddy to have a mud bog? nonon Anyway they claim that emergency vehicles cannot make it to where the pit is going to be so the city pulled their permit.

None the less we're heading that way in the morning to just hit the trails and see what we can get into? :evilbat: (I sure hope we don't need search and rescue?)lol Since the nature of the trip has changed, the Fire Truck will have to stay home and the Super Nanny shall ride again. All in all it should be fun to get away and do some friendly wheeling on some new trails. Still gonna take pictures and I'll post the report upon return. I may take the laptop so I can give daily reports as well.

Catfish 8)

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
redneck_motorsports said:
too muddy to have a mud bog? nonon
What a way to start the first year bsflg
they will have a tough time pulling this off in the future,it may SNOW or something :rolleyes:
I was really looking foward to this but canceled at the last minute(week)

guess it wasnt ment to be bigok

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Have a good trip Catfish... :)

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
be carefull and get pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts