Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I have the best meal picked out for the fall run in Gilmer.
We are going to have an Italian night! Yep, who would ever think to have Italian on a trail???
My friend owns a Italian Restaurant in Longview, not far from Gilmer. He can make us a tray of Lasanga that has 40 pieces per tray,"or more if we need it" homemade garlic rolls and a nice dinner salad with 2 different dressings.
We won't have to work hard to fix dinner, I can leave an hour before dinner and go pick everything up so it's hot for everyone.

I also think I am going to bring a commercial grill to make it easier for breakfast, I have a huge electric commercial grill that I can plug into my generator.

I am thinking bacon & french t o a s t ! Yummy!

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
that sounds pretty good man... thumbup especially the breakfast :)

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rastus said:
that sounds pretty good man... thumbup especially the breakfast :)
fixed it 2finger

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
you fixed what esse??

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had it as French toast, now french T O A S T bigok

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
bsodd ohhh my bad chrfal

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xanthias said:
Nice idea. Did he give you a per plate price?
No, but I will get an awesome price, thats for sure, more like pay the cost of the food and a little for him, he will be happy.

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bruiser said:
Wasn't it in Nov. last year? I like the weather that time of year, not so damn hott.
yup, Anniversery is in Nov, so i am sure Rastus said it will be in Nov.

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
yuppers... anniversary run is scheduled for Nov. 12th -13th

it will be either at Nocona or Gilmer. I like Gilmer due to the fact we can do night runs. Don't know if we can camp onsite at Nocona or if Tim allows night runs.

I want to have another run at Katemcy this year, Sept or early Oct.

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Brain fart.... Benji's bud can't cater if we are at Nocona, can he... oke doke... Gilmer it is. :)

· Registered
2,038 Posts
The runs lol

I like the idea of a meal Italy style!!! And the anniversary run at Gilmer sounds great. Another run to katemcy, too cool, sounds like a great year for wheeling trips.

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think Gilmer is a excellent place for such a large group. We had a great camping area as well. AND SHOWERS!! :)

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
At the anniversary run there will be raffle like last year, only bigger (I hope) this needs improving as well. I am thinking either restricting it to donating members like on here, or a drawing for donating members for the more high end items and a seperate drawing for the non-donating members.

Benji, when you next talk to your friend in Longview, can you get an estimate on the price for a headcount of 80 with us reserving the option to raise or lower the headcount two weeks before hand?

I pm'ed ImCooter (Stacy) about the dates for the anniversary run and if we can come in on thurs. they have a meeting via phone tonight and he will find out for me.

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will do. Do we need anything else beside Lasanga,salad, and Garlic rolls? Like a few pizza's for kids and all?
Lasanga is cool because it will be cut ahead of time, so each person will get the same size and it's easy to serve.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
stuff

For the anniversary run I will have:

Cobra 19 DX CB
Maxon 40 ch. handheld CB.
1 NightHawk mabnetic mount antenna.
K40 antenna complete with coax and mount.
6 Motorola car chargers and 6 Nokia car chargers and 6 Kyocera.
1 black FireStik
1 white FireStik
1 Direct headlight to battery kit.

This time there will be no substitutions though. Last run there were a couple of folks who took a little advantage of the situation but I am standing fast this time. Hope that is understandable. The reason for this is my distributors give me a break on certain items which helps keep the cost down so donating those items allows me to give more total items.

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Benji, Salad, garlic rolls, and pizza's are good ideas. I likes them garlic rolls... :cool:

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Mark, those are some excellent items thumbup thanks a million man! :)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.