Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
check with Old Goat

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Cb

What make and model is it? Unless you have a service monitor capable of generating an AM siganl you will not be able to tune the RX section. The TX section is usually tunable for power gains.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the delay been workin on my project. the manual says its a radioshack trc-446 4watt 40-channel cb with weather alert and ace 13.8 dc. it has tx/rx. frequency range,26.965 to 27.405 MHz,type of modulation AM Double-Sideband, full carrier modulation,Modulation capability +90%, antenna impedance 50 Ohm.

the manual link http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/doc64/64753.pdf

· Registered
2,038 Posts
mods

If you cut just one end of that diode and lift it away from the cut this will increase the transmitt audio input to the final Rf stage of the radio and since CB radios use high side injection this will cause the Rf power to increase. The transistor he is talking about replacing with a 2sc1969 is a very good way to increase Rf power becaus that transistor is good for about 25 watts peak. Hope this helps out.
Mark

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang. looked at that thing for hours and after putting my eyeball back in socket i only found a Q451 and a R451 or as i say the red wire and the blue wire. whichen do you think?

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Radio

I have researched everwhere possible and this is the only mod I found for that radio. It is highly possible whomever wrote in that mod is wrong. I have never worked on that model so cannot say for sure, sorry to be of no help.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
whips

The 102" stainless steel whip with a spring making it 108" overall would be the best performer since it is an electrical 1/4 wave and then a 4' or 5' top wound fiberglass followed closely by a commercial 5/8 wave base loaded would be my recommendations. If you already have a top loaded fiberglass whip and it is at least 4' long it should do well for you.

· Registered
631 Posts
Kinda related. Is there anywhere around Plano Tx to buy a CB antenna and mount? I was trying to save on shipping costs. I have a tweaked Galaxy radio and a 91 Blazer f/s

· Registered
2,038 Posts
antenna and mount

I would be happy to bring one to Lewisville with me this friday when I go there to work on my rig. I go around I635 so meeting at one of the exits there is possible.
K40 and FireStik and Tram fiberglass antennas for $12.99 and the coax and mount with connector for $12.99 These are stainless steel mounts and the coax is Belden or Tram quality brands.
Also have stainless steel whips and springs etc.
My pickup is loaded with radio stuff each trip so let me know if I may help.
You should also be able to find any of these items at a large truck stop.
Mark Hulsey
9036935117 or cell 9036923221

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.