Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to find someone that can do a couple passes for me on a t-case project. Probly no more than an hour's work.

Anyone work with aluminum or recomend someone that does?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Since you're in kemah give JDKing a shout. He's in TC, might be able to help. welder Feed you local welder jamminzz

·
Registered
12 Posts
PM me

Give me a shout, I got a buddy that does great work, and cheap too seeing as he's a high school student. And if you want to see some of his projects he's done to verify his skill just let me know. The dude builds some cool stuff.

Keith
~Houston, TX welder

PS. PM me don't reply to me here, I'll never see it.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
There is a guy who lives in Clear lake and works in Sea Brook who builds racks and bumpers with ALuminum. You can't be far from him. Send me a pm and I'll get you intouch with him.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet....when I was in San Antonio I was struggling to find anyone that could do this kind of stuff.

I'll jump back here in a couple weeks when I'm close to being ready and give one of you a shout. I work right in Seabrook and live near TC so it's good to know there are options!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I dont have a high freq welding machine (yet) only a mig, stick. plus i'm literally right next door to ya (next gate over) you can try tops and towers on Nasa Rd 1 they weld alot of aluminum. i heard they are kind of high. just let me know and i can check with the guy that fabs stuff for our ships. he's in Seabrook. "Seabrook Machine Shop" owners name is Lazlo(polish) hard to talk to but give him some measurements and he'll build anything.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know where they are...drive right by there going to work every day.

All I need to do is cut off the output side of a t-case and then get a piece of aluminum plate welded to the side to patch up the hole. I just gotta get around to slicing the case up first...although I could probly just get the machine shop to do that for me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.