Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need something like autocad but doesnt have to be real detailed, just need to be able to draw the room to scale and put the machines where I want them. Any ideas of any free software that I can download to do this with?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or and online grid paper that I can draw on in paint and then print it out.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Come get your Dad's propane tank and I will loan you some software that will do the job for you.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I have some graph paper at the house and a pencil I can mail you!

JJ

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hatch said:
Once upon a time I used scale cut-outs and moved them around on graph paper.

I've done that too, but I would like for it to look very professional when I approach the CEO and my Manager with the layout that I want my office and the new machine area to look like. Trying to impress for a fat raise you know.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hatch said:
Come get your Dad's propane tank and I will loan you some software that will do the job for you.
I would take you up on that offer but I cant get away from work long enough.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
If you can make time, I have software that I used to create "As-Built" drawings for city engineers back in my contractor days. I'd call them "professional looking."

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
oh ya, I'm getting an office by the way. Woo Hoo, aint I moving up in the world, my own desk, my own computer, my own office with a front and back door and one door will even have a window in it. 12' x 15' .

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
cad

Yep, go see Hatch and get my tank out of his way and get the software. I have 6 windows in my office and you know what happens when a car drives through them, 3 times and counting now.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OldGoat said:
Yep, go see Hatch and get my tank out of his way and get the software. I have 6 windows in my office and you know what happens when a car drives through them, 3 times and counting now.
ya no kidding, I thought I was dead the first time it happened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts