Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what a brand name for the little bits of foam might be? the kind you get in a kit to mount an Aux. fan to the radiadtor. I'd like to make a gasket that goes all the way around the shroud, with the same cushion effect. The Heep averages 210 - 215 on the temp gauge, I'd like to have a helper fan when operating at low speed.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
also

Is the fan maybe too close to the radiator causing a dead air pocket where the center of the fan blades are? Just a thought, it happened to me, about 2 or 3 " back from the radiator is about right. I know this may cause a small portion of the fan blades to stick out past the shroud but so long as there is no dead zone you will be better off. Good luck.

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip. I want to put it up in the corner close to the inlet, so it kinda pre cools the incoming stream. I figured dead center wasn't the best idea. besides the tranny cooler will be in the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.