Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went yetserday to my eye doctor because I have been having trouble seeing. He found busted blood vesels in both eyes and scheduled emergency laser surgery today to close them off and stop the leaking. More work scheduled later on but for now maybe this will help a bunch. This helps explain my kidney failure too because they told me all the small blood vessels to my heart, kidneys and liver are probably experiencing the same fate. This is all due to complications from being diabetic. So I get to rest and make more adjustments to my diet and exercise routine.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that Mark... do what the doc tells ya and get better, ok. :)

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
You will be in our prayers ol buddy!! Get some rest and get well soooon! bigok

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Take care of yourself, we can't replace you. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
No more smoking for you! The sad part is who do I drink beer with now?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beer and cigars

The doctor said nothing about beer but scolded me good for a long while about smoking. Told him I had cut way down and was doing my best to quit, he gave me one of those yeah right looks and I guess I'm not trying hard enough to quit but the possibility of loosing your sight makes it take on new meaning.
Dang it is tough to do though but tougher to make your way around not seeing.
Right now I have a splitting headache, right between the eyes, no joke.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers too, GOD loves prayers from wheelers!!!

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
hope you feel better, take care ...... jamminzz

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wow. Hope you are back up to speed quick! Good luck and our prayers are with you.

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
OldGoat said:
.Dang it is tough to do though but tougher to make your way around not seeing.
Hope 'er thing works out for ya.
I couldent bare the thought of no sight,or very little.I do think the thought of no smokin will be lookin much better now. With what you are going through,a few good life changes( bandido )should not be that hard.You will be in my prayers,and yes god does enjoy wheelers prayers...he built our playground for us.(ever seen a natural circle track or dragstrip?)

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
hope you get to feeling better. Be expecting a pm from my wife, you know she is a RN for a cardiologist.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Hope everything goes ok for you. It would suck to not be able to see.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Just got off the phone with OldGoat, he seems to be feeling better. He said he was kicking back in the recliner getting some much deserved rest. I told him to get off his ass and get Rusty ready for gilmer saturday. We'll see if he makes it. I'm gonna bring the video camera with me this time.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Jeepndav said:
I got some parts to fix the Jeepster and if I can get it going...
are you gonna meet us at gilmer saturday? if for some reason oldgoat dont get his junk running by saturday then we will wait till sunday to go. but I am shooting for saturday

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yep, if I get every thing done tomorrow that I want/need to then the Jeepster will be headed that way Sat.. or Sunday. bigok

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.