Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 86 Bronco II 4x4 Auto O/D. eventually i'd like to put a 289 CID v8 from a 67 mustang in it with a C4 transmission. www.jamesduff.com makes conversion kits for a similar conversion. apparently the c4 will bolt to the transfer case with the right tail housing. has anyone in here ever done any kind of similar conversion to a bronco II or ranger? if so, any advice, or help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
169 Posts
It would probably be easier to find a smallblock c6/borg warner1356 (2.69:1 low range)combo out of a late 80's-early 90's fullsize or bronco. Or any c6/np208 out of 70's-mid 80's fullsize. Unfortunately, I just sold my old c6/1356 combo to a friend for 75 bucks, complete with a broken chain. Also if you decide to keep the c4 (which you probably will) you will find the tailshaft and output shaft you need off of 66-77 broncos. They used a dana 20 transfer case that had either a 2.46 low range(early) or a 2.34(late).As for using your tranfer case with a c4, don't count on it; even if there was an adapter for it, that trasnfer case was only meant to withstand the power of a v-6. As for other companies that make the swap, www.kaufmannproducts.com makes it for 289/302, check em out. If you need to know anything else just post back up. jamminzz boger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.