Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, if I have the dough for installing EZ Locker for only one axel, which should I choose. The front or the rear?

Fixing up a Devil's Den XJ to the point of getting up a little better than the bunny hills. Frt is equiped with Dana 30's and the rear has a Chrysler Corporate 8.25 w/o limited slip.

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
front

· Premium Member
3,564 Posts
The front seems to be more beneficial than just the rear to me.

· Registered
144 Posts
yup, the front.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well with 3 solid votes for the front and one on the fence but leaning to the frt, the front axel it is. Thanks for helping. The garage that will do the work suggested the front also. I'm really looking forward to having some traction on the hills!

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't get too big with your tires on that D30.[/QUOTE]

Can't with only 3 1/2 inch lift. I've got 31 x 10.5 AT and I'm ok with em. Just there won't be any Axel Breaker or 25' rock walls in my future.

· Registered
3,552 Posts
rear, less breakage and easier to push over a hill than pull over a hill as wieght transfers to rear going up regardless of engine location. just my opinion, from doing frt first then rear then both.

· Registered
3,773 Posts
also I used to wheel with a couple 4runner both 488 gears 1 front 1 rear both 32 in tires the one using the front locker could climb more stuff then the rear truck ... could of been driver ... but it sold me welder plus you could weld the rear for now welder :evilbat: beer jamminzz

· Registered
50 Posts
S.A.K-5 said:
rear, less breakage and easier to push over a hill than pull over a hill as wieght transfers to rear going up regardless of engine location. just my opinion, from doing frt first then rear then both.
Yup, I agree.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
85mudblazin said:
Ditch the ez-locker and get a lock-right, they are much stronger and I havent heard to many horror stories like I have with the ez-locker.
OK, finally someone has stepped up to the plate with an opinion regarding the brand/make of locker! What are the pros and cons of the EZ Locker vs the Lock-Right? Costs difference?

Can someone explain the axel welding senario in 1000 words or less. Welding sounds permanent.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aussie, well Mate, are you talkin bout ARB? What's the price installed for air lockers and pump? I'm sure mind boggeling! This is for a XJ with 31's and never gonna be climbin the Axel Breaker any way. What else you got?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.