Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Man that's bitchin. Seems about right on price and has a lot of money in extras.
Just make sure it's not a hackjob. Especially coilover mounts.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Anything else I need to look out for?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you sir

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Priced about 3-5k over IMO......
It would be a DOG with the gearing and auto.......
I'm with him, but LJ's run higher than TJ's. I ran 5.13s and 37s on my Rubi and the governor would shut it down at 97. When I had the stock 4.10s it was ok with 35-36s but had no 5th gear especially uphill. Mine was a manual, but that's the closest I can come to experience. The rear Rubicon locker is junk, most swap it for the front. The rear is a limited slip/full locker whereas the front is open/locked. The rear will break easier than the front usually. The front is a Dana 44 center with dana 30 outers. When I picked mine up several were upgrading to tons on rubiconownersforum.com so I grabbed several chromo shafts for cheap. I'm not a huge fan of fabtech as the geometry isn't ideal. But from the pics it definitely was taken care of.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it's not a done deal yet. I think he just wants something more comfortable than his CJ7 and happened to find that LJ for what seems to be a good price for the milage/extas that are on the Jeep.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
An LJ is the way to go, hands down. If he can deal with it, buy a manual. The 42RLE autos suck. There are deals out there, you just have to be patient. I bought mine bone stock, which is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tell my dad bone stock is the way to go. Lol! Not much left on his CJ that's factory besides the front axle housing and the body/frame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you buy this jeep? Weren't you afraid to buy a used car? I read so many stories on the Internet when people wanted to save money and fell for scammers ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you buy this jeep? Weren't you afraid to buy a used car? I read so many stories on the Internet when people wanted to save money and fell for scammers ...
It depends. There are great old cars that will always be in price like Toyota Landcruiser. The gasoline and diesel engines have been proven most reliable, and many people say that Landcruisers last forever. Speaking about Jeep, I bought a used Grand Cherokee from d&m autoleasing and haven't regretted that decision. This car is one of the best off-road SUVs money can buy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts