Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a 600cfm edel to big for a stock 350 for off roading. someone told me that a 500cfm would be better. my carb starts to run real rich when sitting up hills. im thinking maybe a 500 would be better. please help me

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
The 600 cfm should be about right even on a stock 350, the condition you describe, rich on a steep hill is due to the fuel bowl filling up and spilling over into the airhorn or even getting raw, unatomized gas into the carb passageways. Try a spring loaded needle and seat kit, I will try to find you the edelbrock part number if you will tell me the part number on your carb ie. 1405, 1406 etc?

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Personally I think 600 is too small, but I like to go fast too.

Like oldgoat said, the problem you describe is caused by the carb flooding due to the angles.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
I had a 1406 on my 400M in my Bronco, changed the needle & seat and it solved the same problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the part number is 1465. does the needle and seat make a big difference on the inclines? i have heard that they do and that they dont. what have you guys experienced?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
?

On my 1406 which is the electric choke version of the 1405, the spring loaded needle and seat made a world of difference just like TX_ZUKI said it did for his 400. What is the model number of your carb? If you have a performer series with the spring loaded needle and seat kit it should do well offroad, the others I am not too sure of.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a 1406 electric choke, i picked up the needle and seat, and i cant wait to get them in and try it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.