Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i convert the rear of the chevy np208 over to a dodge np208 with the fixed yoke? what all is involved? cost? link to info?

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Yes you can. Mudgod should be able to tell you all about it. I don't know the details. I think the hardest part is finding the correct Dodge NP208.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Did you do a search on our board yet? :)

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I'll find the post for you. :)

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
To do this with a dodge case, to a chevy case, you cant swap just the tailhousing you have to swap the whole rear half of the case, all you need is the output shaft, rear case half and tail housing. goes together very easily, just make sure when you remove the output shaft your gentle with it, unless of coarse you would enjoy finding/replacing/putting back 120 little needle bearings.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347136&highlight=fixed+yoke

Here you go.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
shaft

There is NO WAY to do this swap without dealing with those needle bearings. I have a decent pic of it and will help you change it because it is easier with 2 people but as I said there is no way around removing and then putting back the 120 needle bearings. Ought to go ahead and change the chain at this time since you have it apart. Also there are 2 "C" clip type retaining clips that are a real pain to remove without the proper tool. Holler when you get ready to tackle it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.