Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Richard, they are in the jeep headed for the 1st trail (Broad Canyon). Richard told me it's cold & raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Chaparro Mike and Hollywood are behind them. They put a tarp over the top of Mike's Jeep to try and keep some of the water off.

I checked the weather online and the rain looks to be moving out within the next hr or so.

Leslie is riding with Randy, Valeen is with Mike.. Richard said Leslie left the Jeep at camp, but might use it tomorrow. Richard said he will probaly ride with Mike and let Valeen ride with Lynne if the rain persists.

More to come........

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
spoke with Lynne around 4:30 they had just gotten back in. Rained on them all day, they got to run some trails, but it was hard running with the slick rocks she said. all the girls are wet, and the guys are out washingthe mud off the rigs so they can go wheeling tomorrow. ( Can't go out with a muddy rig, she said ) Everybody is getting prepared for tonights poker run. Randy has net access in his motel room, so I made a album in the gallery for them all to upload pics, when they get a chance. I sent a PM to Richard, Landis, Brett, and Mykwillis.. maybe all of them will upload some pics, huh.. that would be cool

gallery link is here http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/Chili-Challenge-2005

·
Registered
185 Posts
alright guys, just got done unloading and washing everything, man it was nasty in new mexico, okay heres the deal. The first day we were there we wheeled a place called broad canyon. It did rain on us all day long but even with the rain it was an amazing trail. The first obstacle we came to nobody would try expcept for chaparro mike who after finding the right line in the rain made it look like a walk in the park. He was the first of only two people to make it. After this we went down the trail wich ended up being a long trail through narrow canyons wich went up to 50 feet on each side at some point, there were a few climbs which weren't very difficult but the rain made it very interesting. We found the hardest lines we could and walked them just like the midnight four wheelers should. after we got back we were miserable and wet so me, leslie, valene, and lynn stayed at camp and mike and richard took lynn's jeep to do the poker run which ended up being a cluster ljkl so they just wheeled the hardest stuff they could find with the other people telling them to take the easy way???? None of us broke either

Day two Off Broadway, SUNSHINE ALL DAY!!!!! This trail was another moderate trail that due to the rain the day before made easy obstacles a little more difficult than usual. Unfortunatley Lynn broke a driver side front u joint wich sheared the outer shaft very early in the run and had to turn back to go back to camp. Me and Mike continued on and walked all of the obstacles on the trail all the way up to the top. John our trail leader for this day aske mike if we wanted to go on his trail for saturday wich was Tabasco Twister. The only trail i wanted and we were actually going to do it. Ok back to this day the trail was going through more canyons with amazing scenery. Me and Mike also let leslie and valene drive through quite a bit of the trail and they made everything look easy. Leslie did get hung up on a rock which crushed my x pipe even more and broke the hanger for the muffler which we were unawhere until about 100 feet down the trail when the muffler just fell off and every body started laughing like crazy, it was hilarious. any ways the rest of the day my truck sounded like a drag truck.

Day 3 Tabasco Twister EXTREME, me and mike ran this trail while lynn and richard ran canyon crawler, well have to get details from lynn and richard on that trail. it started off sunny when we left but by the time we got to the trail it was raining pretty good, this trail is nothing but obstacle after obstacle ranging from moderate to near impossible. the first major obstacle we came too was a ledge about 7' tall with a 4' rock at a 80 degree angle wich only a few people were able to get up. Me and Mike had to be pulled up. After that we were pretty mad and were able to conquer the rest of the trail with no breaks. The next major obstacle was a 16' ledge with three steps. everybody was winching up this thing except for the rock buggies until the toyota in front of me made it up with out a winch. I was next, this thing looked impossible for me to get my heavy a$$ rig up, but after amlost rollin it back wards with enough gas and good spotting i was able to get up. Mike was next and after finding the right line went right up as well. The total trail was about 3 miles in which there was never a dull moment. A big thanks to john who let us wheel this amazing trail.

Overall this was an amazing trip, the drive up there took 10 1/2 hours all uphill and against the wind and the trip back too 10 hours. We wheeled with some pretty cool people and also some that weren't so cool wich were usually the ones that cant climb nothing. I want to thank Lynn and Richard for there help and letting us hang out at the camper and also for doing all of the cooking. Richand is an amazing cook. Great Food Also thanks to mike for doing what he does best, always helping when ever any body needs a hand. John with Las cruces four wheel drive also said when ever our club is ready to go up there to give him a call and we can go run any trail, he said he is there about every week end except for hunting season. I will try to get leslie to get our pictures up tommorow during the day. Yall let me know when you want to go because i am already to go back. All i can say is you need to experience this place and make sure there aint a loose bolt because this place is killer on your rig, both of my diffs look like somebody took a hammer to them, i crushed the bottom of the cab on both sides and have a few more scrathes and dings. if anybody else who went wants to add anything please do because i am sure i left something out. I am spent.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool write-up thumbup I'm itching to go out there next time round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts